3678POLYAMOROUS SUMMER SOLSTICE PARTY: JUNE 20: BERKELEY

  • saturniaregna
    Jun 9, 2009
      This is to announce the Fifth Annual POLYAMOROUS SUMMER SOLSTICE PARTY & BBQ
      will be happening on JUNE 20 in Berkeley. (SATURDAY)

      THIS IS OFFICIALLY A CELEBRATION OF THE SUMMER SOLSTICE, THE
      LONGEST AND BRIGHTEST DAY OF THE YEAR, traditionally celebrated with
      themes of grand exuberance, fun, enthusiasm, transcendence of limits,
      fun, extravagance, debauchery, excess most wretched, political
      incorrectness and doing all those things you didn't think you had
      permission to do during the rest of the year.

      Seems like a good excuse
      to celebrate POLYAMORY, doesn't it?

      We've ALMOST got the mess cleaned up form last year's party, so we're ready to
      do this again!

      This year's party is also a celebration of the fact that same-sex
      marriage has just been legalized in five STATES, that the NAZI rule
      of GEORGE BUSH is over,Over,OVER! That the dismal economic situation just MIGHT
      be improving soon, and anything else you
      personally think ought to be celebrated.

      The BBQ will officially begin at 4 PM, (SHOW UP ANY TIME AFTER 4 PM). The party
      will go on until either there is no one left standing or we cannot think of
      anything else fun to do.
      Bring yourself, significant others, marginally significant others,
      poly-sympathetic friends, DRUMS, food, beverages and other entertaining things.
      Extra Women. Extra Men.

      Whether non-vegetarian or vegetarian, bring the kind of food YOU like
      for yourselves and to share with others. Kitchen available. We could
      use extra BBQs.

      We have no specific structured activities planned, but we are open to any
      half-way reasonable suggestions. ..and probably even a few that
      aren't...DRUMMING AND WILD DANCING WORKED OUT REALLY WELL LAST YEAR, SO LET'S DO
      IT AGAIN THIS YEAR!!! NUDITY is permitted but not REQUIRED.

      SO WHERE IS THIS THING?

      AT DAVE'S HOUSE, OF COURSE.

      IF you don't know where that is, consider this item, shamelessly copied from last year's announcement:

      When out-of-staters come to Southern California, they think
      everybody there must be left-wing trouble-makers, free-thinking
      LIBERALS, dope-smoking hippies, non-monogamous radicals,
      revolutionaries and extreme non-conformists. However, Southern CALIF
      folks are quick to deny it. "IT'S not US who are responsible for that
      unsavory reputation, but rather 'those people' who live up in BERKELEY
      who give everyone else in California a bad name."

      When the out-of-staters come north to investigate, the Berkeley folk
      will all plead innocence: "NO WAY! It's not US!", they'll say. "We're
      all just Church-goin, ' tax payin' BMW' drivin' BUSH LOVIN' yuppies
      here. It's those wild folks over on Hillegass Avenue that give this
      town a bad name!

      And of course, if you start asking the residents of Hillegass Avenue
      about it, they too will be quick with their denial: "Its not US!,"
      they'll say. They'll just shake their heads in consternation and point
      accusingly down the street towards "the House of Perpetual Commotion."

      If that glowing recommendation isn't enough to convince you to show up
      to this year's Summer Solstice Party, then just listen to what some of
      our neighbors had to say about last year's Summer Solstice Party:

      "Well, there goes the neighborhood."

      - Sonny Barger,(Founder and President of the East Bay Chapter of
      the Hells Angels).

      "I could just scream!"

      -Wallis Bartly Bingington, Captain, U.S. NAVY (Retired)

      Even if don't know where we live, don't let that stop you. Directions
      will be sent to those who RSVP.

      Regards,

      DAVE

      See you on SATURDAY JUNE 20 !!!! !!!!!!

      415 577-6015

      (THERE IS N0 CHARGE TO ATTEND THIS EVENT)