3675Moving the Body, Tending the Soul: An Introduction to Authentic Movement

  • cidamovement
    Jun 9, 2009
      Moving the Body, Tending the Soul: An Introduction to Authentic Movement
      With Cindy Davis, MA Psychology, BA Dance

      Point Reyes Station: The Dance Palace

      Saturdays: June 27 and July 25 (come one or both days).

      Each session is from 11am-4pm
      (Although the day is 5 hours, the movement practice is held in a way that each
      person can attend to their own bodies needs for movement and rest. Also, there
      will be a lunch break midday.)

      $60 each session

      Please E-mail Cindy at Cidamovement@... with questions and/or to register.
      Also if you are interested in hearing more about my future movement classes

      Authentic Movement is an embodied practice where a mover is invited to close her
      eyes and move with awareness from an inner impulse. Together we create a safe
      space in which there is the opportunity to venture into the realm of our being,
      where the seeds for change, healing and creativity may be discovered and

      Authentic Movement is an ideal practice for those in transition; for those in
      the healing arts profession and those with chronic illness & pain; for artists,
      writers, and dancers; for those who are psychotherapists and those in
      psychotherapy; and as a spiritual practice rooted in embodied awareness and

      Cindy Davis, MA Psychology, BA Dance, is a performer, writer, artist and
      teacher, and has been a dancer for more than 40 years. She has practiced
      Authentic Movement and other transformative movement forms for over 15 years,
      and trained at the Authentic Movement Institute in Berkeley. She has also
      assisted, studied and performed with modern dance pioneer Anna Halprin. Cindy
      has taught process-based movement and art classes for healing, self-growth and
      transformation at Sonoma State University, JFK University, Holy Names University
      and the Center for Spiritual Enlightenment.