3655Self-Inquiry Group: The Work of Byron Katie

  • careycloyd
    May 28, 2009
      Hi everyone,

      I'm starting a group that begins meeting next Wednesday night. If you are interested, please let me know, and feel free to pass this info along to anyone else who might be.

      I studied the teachings of Paramahansa Yogananda for 6 years, and since 2006 have been studying with Adyashanti.

      in gratitude,

      Carey

      I need more money; I'm too fat; My partner doesn't appreciate me. The world's not safe. Thoughts like these may run through our minds hundreds of times a day, fostering fear, anger, stress, and depression. We believe these thoughts and take them to be reality. Believing false ideas leads to reactivity and a sense of separation. How would your life and relationships be if you discovered that what you took to be true was not so?

      In this group we will explore ways to see through our limiting beliefs, drawing primarily on Byron Katie's effective and profound inquiry process. There will be guided and silent meditation, readings, discussion, and experiential exercises. We will use the time to support one another in the unfolding of Truth and in a collaborative investigation of the reality of our Being.

      Who would you be without your story? Come and find out.

      * * * * *

      Alternating Wednesday Evenings, 7-9 pm
      Projected start date is June 3, 2009

      Group is limited to eight participants. Adult individuals and couples
      Of all ethnic backgrounds, ages, and sexual orientations welcome.
      $30 per session; 5-6 sessions per season, payable in advance

      1944 Fillmore St. (@Pine)
      San Francisco, CA 94115

      Recommended reading -- Loving What Is and I Need Your Love: Is That True?
      "The Work of Byron Katie cuts through illusions like a razor-sharp sword" ┬ľ Eckhart Tolle

      * * * * *

      Carey Cloyd, MFT #46162, is a licensed psychotherapist in private practice. Her work recognizes the interrelationship of body, mind, and spirit, and is informed by a regular meditation practice of close to a decade. In addition to using the inquiry process of Byron Katie, Carey is also trained in Hakomi (a body-centered psychotherapy) and EMDR. She is the assistant coordinator for the Nondual Wisdom & Psychotherapy Institute, has trained at the Academy of Intuition Medicine®, and is a practicing massage therapist. For more information, you may visit www.careycloyd.com.

      For information or to register, please call Carey at (415) 835-2151