Thryonomys- Supplement

  • Neal Robbins
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 18, 2013

          As I mentioned, the rodents of the genus Thryonomys are often called Cane Rats. However, they are not actually rats. True rats are in the suborder Myomorpha, the superfamily Muroidea, and the family Muridae. Thyonomys is a member of the suborder Hystricomorpha, the infraorder Hystriconathi, the parvorder Phiomorpha, the superfamily Thronomyoidea, and the family Thryonomyidae.

          Neal Robbins