Re: [seymouria] Article on Allosaurus

  • Tom Johnson
    Message 1 of 3 , May 22, 2013
      hahaha
      I like the sound effects on that page with the illustration. Thanks, Neal!!!
      Tom

      On Wed, May 22, 2013 at 11:13 AM, Neal Robbins <ctn47496@...> wrote:

          This link has a piece of artwork that depicts Allosaurus.

          A photo of an Allosaurus sculpture is on this link.

          Allosaurus fragilis was a theropod dinosaur of the Jurassic. The systematic paleontology of Allosaurus is:

      Dinosauria Owen 1842
      Saurischia Seeley 1887
      Theropoda Marsh 1881
      Allosauroidea Currie and Zhao 1994
      Allosauridae Marsh Marsh 1878
      Allosaurinae Marsh 1877
      Allosaurus Marsh 1877
      Allosaurus fragilis Marsh 1877

          Eric Snively, John R. Cotton, Ryan Ridgely, and Lawrence M. Witmer wrote an article titled Multibody dynamics model of head and neck function in Allosaurus (Dinosauria, Theropoda). It was published in 2013 in Palaeontologica Electronica, Vol. 16, Issue 2, 11A. The complete text is on this link.

          Neal Robbins

    • Neal Robbins
      Message 2 of 3 , May 22, 2013

            You're welcome, Tom. Allosaurus is one of the most famous theropod dinosaurs. It was quite a hunter. The size of Allosaurus made it very spectacular. As we know, it was one of the heavyweights.

            Neal

        I like the sound effects on that page with the illustration. Thanks, Neal!!!
        Tom
        On Wed, May 22, 2013 at 11:13 AM, Neal Robbins <ctn47496@...> wrote:

            This link has a piece of artwork that depicts Allosaurus.
        http://dinosauria.tripod.com/Allosaurus.html

            A photo of an Allosaurus sculpture is on this link.
        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Allosaurus_in_Baltow_20060916_1500.jpg

            Allosaurus fragilis was a theropod dinosaur of the Jurassic. The systematic paleontology of Allosaurus is:

        Dinosauria Owen 1842
        Saurischia Seeley 1887
        Theropoda Marsh 1881
        Allosauroidea Currie and Zhao 1994
        Allosauridae Marsh Marsh 1878
        Allosaurinae Marsh 1877
        Allosaurus Marsh 1877
        Allosaurus fragilis Marsh 1877

            Eric Snively, John R. Cotton, Ryan Ridgely, and Lawrence M. Witmer wrote an article titled Multibody dynamics model of head and neck function in Allosaurus (Dinosauria, Theropoda). It was published in 2013 in Palaeontologica Electronica, Vol. 16, Issue 2, 11A. The complete text is on this link.
        http://palaeo-electronica.org/content/2013/389-allosaurus-feeding

            Neal Robbins