cambrian arthopod fossil...

  • Garrett Prescott
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 28, 2013
    • fadingshadows2000
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 28, 2013
        Thanks Garrett, that sets life back even farther than before, 520 billion years. The oldest known fossil of life. And it looks advanced at that point, so we know that life goes back even farther. Great discovery!
        Tom

        --- In seymouria@yahoogroups.com, Garrett Prescott <peconpie2@...> wrote:

        >   For anyone that hasn't already seen this: http://www.livescience.com/27504-cambrian-arthropod-fossil-discovered.html

      • Neal Robbins
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 28, 2013

              Thanks for the link, Garrett. This fossil find is very important. It shows the earliest known example of a creature that could use its limbs for grasping. That is an extremely signficant step in the physiological development of animals that became advanced life forms.

              Neal