Warren Beatty 'slept with 12,775 women'

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 4 12:50 PM

      Warren Beatty 'slept with 12,775 women'

      8:30 AM Tuesday Jan 5, 2010

      The new book on Warren Beatty (L), and his appearance in the 1975 film Shampoo. Photo / Supplied

      Warren Beatty slept with 12,775 women over 35 years, according to a new book.

      The Hollywood star - who married actress Annette Bening in March 1992 – reportedly averaged a different partner every day for the three-and-a-half decades he was single.

      According to Peter Biskind, who has written a revealing biography on the legendary lothario entitled Star: How Warren Beatty Seduced America, Warren lost his virginity at 20 and seduced thousands of ladies.

      The author made his estimate based on "simple arithmetic".

      Biskind said: "There were 12,775 women, give or take – a figure that does not include daytime quickies, casual gropings, stolen kisses and so on."

      It is also claimed the 72-year-old actor – who has been romantically linked to Natalie Wood, Diane Keaton and Madonna, among many others – proved too much for Joan Collins.

      He wrote: "He made love to Joan Collins relentlessly. But for Collins it was too much of a good thing. One Sunday morning, exhausted, she stumbled out of bed.

      Article continues below

      "Dragging on a forbidden cigarette, she said, 'I don't think I can last much longer. He never stops – it must be all those vitamins. In a few years I'll be worn out.' "

      - BANG! SHOWBIZ