Re: Seminar

  • Md Asaduzzaman
    Message 1 of 16 , Mar 15, 2011
      Please find the invitation letter in the attached file

      Message 2 of 16 , Mar 22, 2011
        On 5th April at 12.00 noon

        --
        Dr. Uttam Kumar Das
        LL.M. (Minn., U.S.A.), Ph.D.
        Humphrey Fellow (U.S.A., 2009-2010);
        Advocate (Attorney)
        Supreme Court of Bangladesh;
        Deputy Director
        South Asian Institute of Advanced Legal and Human Rights Studies (SAILS)
        http://www.sails-law.org

        E-mail: <udas1971@...>, <uttam@...>
        Phone: (0088) 01711 854771 (Mobile); +880 2 9613603 (Work)

        LinkedIn: http://bd.linkedin.com/in/uttamdas
        Blog: http://udas1971.blogspot.com/
        Skype: uttam1971

        Street Address:
        SAILS, House No. 55, Ground Floor,
        Road No. 5, Dhanmondi R/A
        Dhaka- 1205, Bangladesh

        ***

      • Md Asaduzzaman
        Message 3 of 16 , Jul 11, 2011
          Dear all,

          Please find the attached file.

          This is for your information, action and suggestion.

          Asad
        • Hassan Faruk
          Message 4 of 16 , Jul 11, 2011
            Dear Asad vai,

            I have read the invitation very carefully. It is really good to know that Law Department is going to organized this kinds of seminar.  However, I have some observations.

            First, the guest will come from USA , and I guess they have no practical experience about Bangladeshi systems of ADR, and Negotiation. So, in my opinion, there should be a speaker from Bangladeshi point of view, where the students and the audiences will get a comparative picture of ADR between Bangladesh and USA .

            Moreover, why there is no speaker from Law Department? It is going to be organized by the Law Department.  Especially as a Chairman of Department, who have academic and practical knowledge on Adversarial Legal System should share your experience and opinion before the guest, audience, especially with the law students.

            Otherwise, what picture will get the guest from USA about our Department? I am in doubt, whether non legal background speakers from SEU will represent the Department and University about this topic rightly before the foreign guest?

            Regards,
            Hassan Faruk

          • Md Asaduzzaman
            Message 5 of 16 , Jul 11, 2011
              Dear all,

              This is for your observation and suggestion.

              Best wishes

              Asad
              Chair
              DLJ
            • t k
              Message 6 of 16 , Jul 11, 2011
                dear sir, it's very encouraging to see that you have already drafted a tentative list of courses to be offered for Fall'11. i can see that apparently 17th batch will be offered public intl law along with four other courses. bt sir, i would like to bring to your notice that 17th batch are already doing public intl law in summer'11. so may be u can offer a different course (could be dispute resolution) in lieu of public intl law. even in that case, the total number of credit remains only 14.
                also i can see that jurisprudence will not be offered to the second semester students in fall'11. rather they will be offered interpretation of statutes. i don't know whether it's a deliberate strategy or it is something else. so i'm expecting your kind clarification on the issue.
                otherwise it appears to be ok to me.if i find any other discrepancy or anything like that in the course offering, i will try to meet you to discuss about that.

                regards

                tahsin

                Message 7 of 16 , Jul 11, 2011
                  Dear sir,
                  I've an observation i can't find the subject jurisprudence and legal theory in LLB(Hons) programme.Is this subject is repealed or it is a mistake.what is the actual reason?

                  yours ever
                  Munmun

                  Message 8 of 16 , Jul 12, 2011
                    Dear all,

                    Please submit your preferred courses for Fall 2011. Please try to include courses of all programs. Minimum number of courses should be 10. Please express your interest for taking extra load. Extra load will be assigned considering sincerity, seniority, quality of teaching and commitment.

                    Please mail to my personal e-mail address.

                    Thanks for your prompt action.

                    Dear Tahsin and Munmun,

                    Thanks for your observation. Actually the course Jurisprudence will be offered in the 5th Semester.

                    Best wishes

                    Asad
                    Chair
                    DLJ
                    SEU

                    Message 9 of 16 , Jul 12, 2011
                      Dear all,

                      All faculty members will evaluate the performance of invigilators and the evaluation report shall have positive impact in assigning extra load.

                      Please be objective in the process.

                      Asad
                      Chair
                      DLJ
                      SEU
                    • Hassan Faruk
                      Message 10 of 16 , Jul 13, 2011
                        Dear Asad Vai,

                        I have checked the Course Offer List for Fall 2011. I have an observation. Now, in Summer Semester, the 20th LLB(Hons) A, B & C are studying 'Law of Crimes -I '.  And obviously, it is expected that, they will study 'Law of Crimes - II' in the next semester. But nothing is mentioned about this in the Course Offer List.

                        I am expecting a clarification about this, if I am not wrong.

                        With Thanks,

                        Hassan Faruk

                        To: seu_law_teachers@yahoogroups.com

                        Message 11 of 16 , Jul 19, 2011
                          Dear Asad vai,
                          Preferred course lists
                          1.Law of Evidence---LL.B.(Hons), LL.B. (Pass)
                           2.Constitutional Law ----  LL.B.(Hons), LL.B. (Pass)
                          3.Public International Law
                          4. CrPC-1
                          5. Law of International Organization---LL.M.
                          6.Intellectual Property Law
                          7.Mercantile Law ----LL.B (Pass)
                          8.Legal System of Bangladesh

                          Regards
                          Afsar

                          Message 12 of 16 , Jun 11, 2013
                            Attention: All
                          • asraful lemon
                            Message 13 of 16 , Jun 6, 2014
                              Dear All,

                              You all are invited in tomorrows seminar on "Career in Insurance" to be held at 12.30 pm in the Seminar Hall of the Main Building. The Seminar will be followed by Lunch which will be served at 2.00 pm in the Department (Law Building).

                              Regards

                              Md. Asraful Islam