Dick, are you going to BOINC us?

  • dmeade@pacbell.net
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 27, 2002
      Greetings Dr. Dick Terrell,

      Sorry, I couldn't resist the subject line! BOINC means
      Berkeley Open Infrastructure for Network Computing

      As the chief porter for the OS/2 Seti client, I'm wondering what are
      your plans for the newly announced future Seti project announced at:
      http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/setifuture.html

      Regards,
      David

      --
      David Meade
      Oakland, CA
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 28, 2002
        On Tue, 27 Aug 2002 22:51:29 -0700, dmeade@... wrote:

        >Greetings Dr. Dick Terrell,

        Dirk, actually. :-)

        >Sorry, I couldn't resist the subject line! BOINC means
        > Berkeley Open Infrastructure for Network Computing
        >
        >As the chief porter for the OS/2 Seti client, I'm wondering what are
        >your plans for the newly announced future Seti project announced at:
        > http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/setifuture.html

        I have no plans to do anything with it. It will be open-source, so
        everyone will have an opportunity to port the code.

        Dirk
      • dmeade@pacbell.net
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 28, 2002
          In article <200208281405.g7SE5Gr02987@...>, you wrote:
          >On Tue, 27 Aug 2002 22:51:29 -0700, dmeade@... wrote:

          >Dirk, actually. :-)

          Sorry.

          >>As the chief porter for the OS/2 Seti client, I'm wondering what are
          >I have no plans to do anything with it. It will be open-source, so
          >everyone will have an opportunity to port the code.

          Thanks for the quick reply. I really do appreciate the work you put
          into the Seti project.

          Regards,
          David

          --