Re: Tutorial: SOA & ESBs

  • Gervas Douglas
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 2, 2005
      I have just come across an article on some ESB patterns which might
      interest you:

      <<According to Angel Diaz, director of on-demand software
      development for IBM Software, the goal is to provide developers with
      actual reusable assets rather than descriptive white papers.

      The effort, which began a month ago with the publishing of several
      patterns for developing Enterprise Java Beans (EJBs), is adding six
      new patterns under the category of WebSphere Platform Messaging.

      Available through IBM's DeveloperWorks portal, the patterns consist
      of UML models that can be downloaded from IBM's Rational repository
      to Rational tools, where they can be modified or used as is to
      generate code.

      Patterns emerged in the software development community with the
      first object-oriented languages in the late 1980s and early 90s.
      They emerged to help fulfill one of the promises of object-oriented
      approaches, which is the ability to reuse code and designs.

      One of the best-known sources of patterns was a book written by a
      group of authors widely known throughout the software development
      community as The Gang of Four.

      Entitled simply, the Design Patterns Book, it provided high-level
      recipes covering abstract functions such as how to design software
      classes that automatically spawn new software classes. Since then,
      numerous books have been published and online portals opened where
      developers can get access to patterns.>>

      You can find this at:
      http://www.cbronline.com/article_news.asp?guid=933D090B-8B62-49AA-
      8BAA-55C01174BB2F

      Gervas

      --- In service-orientated-architecture@yahoogroups.com, "Gervas
      Douglas" <gervasdouglas@y...> wrote:
      > Thanks to Mr. Pamidi for pointing out that I had posted the wrong
      URL
      > here (glad someone noticed!).
      >
      > Try this one:
      >

      > http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/webservices/library/ws-soa-
      progmodel4/?ca=dnt-630

      > Gervas
      >
      > --- In service-orientated-architecture@yahoogroups.com, "Gervas
      > Douglas" <gervasdouglas@y...> wrote:
      > > <<Examining the roles and tasks of users who create and manage
      SOA