CFP: RuleML2012 Doctoral Consortium (updated)
- View SourceUPDATED CALL FOR PAPERS
RuleML2012 Doctoral Consortium
The 6th International Symposium on Rules:
Research Based and Industry Focused
Montpellier, France, August 27-28, 2012.
* AWARD for the BEST DC PAPER
* Reduction of the fee for the Ph.D students
* Eary registration until 05/07/2012, student 150 EUR
* Participants to the RuleML2012 Symposium will also get full access to the ECAI 2012 events
The RuleML 2012 Doctoral Consortium is an initiative of the International
Symposium on Rules, RuleML, to attract and promote Ph.D. research in the
area of Rules and Markup Languages. The doctoral symposium offers to
students a close contact with leading experts on the field, as well as the
opportunity to present and discuss their ideas in a dynamic and friendly
setting. The accepted thesis descriptions will be presented to an
interested audience and subject to discussion with a panel of senior
researchers, and we expect submissions on any (but not limited to) of this
year's RuleML2012@ECAI topics.
Students are invited to submit an original description of their work
addressing the following aspects:
* A clear formulation of the research question.
* An identification of the significant problems in the field of
* An outline of the current knowledge of the problem domain, as well as
the state of existing solutions.
* A presentation of any preliminary ideas, the proposed approach and
the results achieved so far.
* A sketch of the applied research methodology.
* A description of the Ph.D. project's contribution to the problem
* A discussion of how the suggested solution is different, new, or
better as compared to existing approaches to the problem.
Accepted submissions will be published in internal proceedings and later on
published in CEUR Workshop Proceedings (http://www.ceur-ws.org) volume of
Would you have interest please check important dates and submission guidelines.
Paper submission: June 25, 2012
Notification of acceptance/rejection: July 16, 2012
Camera-ready copy due: July 30, 2012
Doctoral Consortium date: August 27-28, 2012
Thesis descriptions are limited to 8 pages in English using LNCS format
(http://www.springer.de/comp/lncs/authors.html) and submitted
electronically in PDF format jointly with a maximum 5 page CV.
Please submit to:
If you have no EasyChair account, then you should sign up for an account at
Grzegorz J. Nalepa, AGH University of Science and Technology, Kraków,
Monica Palmirani, CIRSFID-University of Bologna, Italy
The program committee of RuleML 2012 doctoral consortium coincides with the
one of RuleML2012 to promote reviewing and feedback from the leading
experts on rules and semantic technology.