Re: [service-orientated-architecture] Steve on Subverting the JCP

  • Gregg Wonderly
    Message 1 of 2 , May 1, 2011
      On 4/30/2011 7:46 AM, Gervas Douglas wrote:
      > <<Just read this post
      > <http://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/discuss/2011-March/001704.html> by Java
      > lead Mark Reinhold in which he says that

      I long had no respect for Mark Reinhold's "power" to control the JDK content.
      His commentary here only reinforces, for me the fact that he has no idea what
      Java really needs to have. He is the one that held up the introduction of a
      usable directory scanning mechanism since JDK1.3 days. That's something that
      the desktop and server environment has needed to eliminate memory explosions on
      "File.list()" operations since day #1 of Java.

      "Depressed", I think, is an huge understatement of what the Java community at
      large is feeling these days.

      Gregg Wonderly