Re: [service-orientated-architecture] SOA Governance Model

  • Michael Poulin
    Message 1 of 38 , Feb 26, 2009
      Todd,
       do you think that ITILv3  is still process-oriented in spite of their claim for being service-oriented?

      - Michael

      Message 38 of 38 , Mar 4, 2009
        Organizations that provide IT services to internal or external customers need to provide excellent services to increase the quality of, and the profits for, the organization.
        The IT infrastructure library (ITIL) can help organizations achieve these goals.
        At the same time, ITIL can help organizations to increase external and internal customer satisfaction.
        The delivery and support of IT services are divided into core processes within ITIL.
        For example, the IT service management (ITSM), covers one service support function--the service desk--and one service support process--incident management.

        All the best
        Ashraf Galal

        On Mon, Mar 2, 2009 at 7:06 PM, Todd Biske <toddbiske@...> wrote:

        The training I had was very much process-oriented, and only gave glancing attention to services.  Someone could get the Foundations certification and wind up applying the v3 processes to asset management instead of service management.

        -tb

        Todd Biske
        Sent from my iPhone