Re: [service-orientated-architecture] REST/WS*-SOAP Stack Comparison

  • Steve Jones
    Message 1 of 166 , Aug 6, 2008
      I'm in. Can I suggest as its an SOA group that we have an SOA stack
      rather than just REST/SOAP so we look at the different layers and then
      we can map REST/SOAP onto a single model. I'd also suggest using the
      SOA RM as the basis for that stack.

      Steve

      2008/8/6 Mark Baker <distobj@...>:
      > On 8/5/08, Gervas Douglas <gervas.douglas@...> wrote:
      >> You do not have to read the REST/WS*-SOAP debates on this Group in
      >> great detail to get the persistent impression that there is a
      >> significant mismatch of comprehension between the two camps. My idea
      >> of a stack comparison was that it would aid in seeing the difference
      >> of capabilities/roles/approaches of the two technologies and thus help
      >> to reduce misunderstandings. Any volunteers from the ranks of
      >> technical genius in this Group??
      >
      > I think we've tried this before without success, but if you'd like to
      > serve as moderator to keep the discussion on track and technical, I'm
      > game to try again.
      >
      > Mark.

    • 1589cb5d7c61c18b5748b74490d0fcd6
      Message 166 of 166 , Nov 22, 2013

        Hi guys,

        I've seen your discussion regards to OTA.

        Do you have or know where I can find an OTA server example built in .Net?

        Where can I find the OTA wsdl to import? With provided OTA stuff I can only find the isolated .xsd files. Isn't there an OTA wsdl to get imported?

        Thanks in advance

        ---In service-orientated-architecture@yahoogroups.com, <atmanes@...> wrote:

        Exactly my point, John. Not everyone agrees with your (and my)
        distinction between choreography and orchestration. I'm positing that
        the person writing the original article was, in fact, talking about
        orchestration rather than choreography.

        Anne