helms by Master Geoffrey for SCA rapier

  • Rick Wallace
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 1, 2002
      "Opening offer for Light Helms"

      http://www.hammeredsteel.com/gaa/armour/gaa/light_helms.htm

      ...the helms imported from India and then modifying them to meet SCA
      regulations for light weapons. They have agreed to make the helms in 18
      gauge stainless steel... The face plates will be constructed from 14 gauge
      perforated stainless steel, to insure a strong faceplate that will not rust.
      At this time, I also believe that I can make them to where the visors will
      be removable so the helm may also be worn for dress purposes as well. I am
      offering 3 different styles for these helms at this time. I am offering a
      Morion, a Scottish burgonet, and a combed burgonet.

      I need about 20 orders to get the ball rolling. I am offering your choice of
      these 3 helms for $100 up front, and $50 upon completion, for a total of
      $150 per helm (+$10 Postage if necessary), in 100% stainless steel. When I
      have the 20 slots filled, I will order the helms, and when they arrive, I
      will complete them in the order that the down payment was received.

      FOR COMPLETE INFORMATION and Master Geoffrey's e-mail address, visit the Web
      page. Please forward this to other SCA rapier lists.

      Yves de Fortanier
      South Downs, Meridies
    • melchior@houseblueheron.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 1, 2002
        Would you consider bringing a few of these completed to Gulf War? (that
        is, if you are attending). I know I would be happy to drop several gold
        marks for a stainless helm. But I would like to see at least a finished
        demo, not to mention make sure it would fit.

        Just Curious,

        -Melchior der Graowulf

        On 02-01-2002 06:20 am, you wrote:

        > "Opening offer for Light Helms"
        >
        > http://www.hammeredsteel.com/gaa/armour/gaa/light_helms.htm
        >
        > ....the helms imported from India and then modifying them to meet
        SCA
        > regulations for light weapons. They have agreed to make the helms in
        18
        > gauge stainless steel... The face plates will be constructed from 14
        gauge
        > perforated stainless steel, to insure a strong faceplate that will not
        rust.
        > At this time, I also believe that I can make them to where the visors
        will
        > be removable so the helm may also be worn for dress purposes as well.
        I am
        > offering 3 different styles for these helms at this time. I am
        offering a
        > Morion, a Scottish burgonet, and a combed burgonet.
        >
        > I need about 20 orders to get the ball rolling. I am offering your
        choice of
        > these 3 helms for $100 up front, and $50 upon completion, for a total
        of
        > $150 per helm (+$10 Postage if necessary), in 100% stainless steel.
        When I
        > have the 20 slots filled, I will order the helms, and when they
        arrive, I
        > will complete them in the order that the down payment was received.
        >
        > FOR COMPLETE INFORMATION and Master Geoffrey's e-mail address, visit
        the Web
        > page. Please forward this to other SCA rapier lists.
        >
        > Yves de Fortanier
        > South Downs, Meridies

        > Monitoring Service trial
        > http://us.click.yahoo.com/ACHqaB/bQ8CAA/ySSFAA/VRUolB/TM

      • Rhys
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 1, 2002
          Hrmph. I already have the combed burgonet and a morion, I just need to have
          them modified. If anyone follows RapierNet, you'll know that I am having
          major fitting problems with the burgonet. Good to see that he is going to do
          the finishing beforehand. I wonder if he'd take trade-ins....

          Rhys

          > ...the helms imported from India and then modifying them to meet SCA
          > regulations for light weapons. They have agreed to make the helms in 18
          > gauge stainless steel... The face plates will be constructed from 14 gauge
          > perforated stainless steel, to insure a strong faceplate that will not
          rust.
          > At this time, I also believe that I can make them to where the visors will
          > be removable so the helm may also be worn for dress purposes as well. I am
          > offering 3 different styles for these helms at this time. I am offering a
          > Morion, a Scottish burgonet, and a combed burgonet.
          >
          > I need about 20 orders to get the ball rolling. I am offering your choice
          of
          > these 3 helms for $100 up front, and $50 upon completion, for a total of
          > $150 per helm (+$10 Postage if necessary), in 100% stainless steel. When I
          > have the 20 slots filled, I will order the helms, and when they arrive, I
          > will complete them in the order that the down payment was received.
          >
          > FOR COMPLETE INFORMATION and Master Geoffrey's e-mail address, visit the
          Web
          > page. Please forward this to other SCA rapier lists.
          >
          > Yves de Fortanier
          > South Downs, Meridies
        • Wendy Colbert
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 3, 2002
            I fence in a helm and love my helm but folks should be aware that there
            is an ongoing discussion on RapierNet and the Society Rapier Marshal
            beginning to look into the standards for the perf plate used on most
            helm to determine if it is a rigorous enough standard.

            (Would that be a fair description of what you will be doing, Dylan?)

            Irene