[serapier] Rapier at Red Tower

  • Wendy Colbert
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 1, 1999
      I have recently communicated with the autocrat for the upcoming Red Tower
      event and we have time and space for rapier activites.

      It could be a tourney, melee scenerios or something else.

      What would people like to see at Red Tower. I am looking for interesting
      ideas.
      (Tormod would you please add Red Tower to your Rapier web site. Thanks)

      Irene
      RMiC Red Tower

      cadet of Don Giovanni di Fiamma
      Dean of the Academia Patron of the Thorny Ivy
      Be master of your will, and a servant of your conscience. - Hasidic folk saying

      eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/serapier
    • leonardodewolfe@hotmail.com
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 1, 1999
        <v03110700b3a19300bda-@[209.195.11.56]> wrote:
        original article:http://www.egroups.com/group/serapier/?start=273
        > I have recently communicated with the autocrat for the upcoming Red Tower
        > event and we have time and space for rapier activites.
        >
        > It could be a tourney, melee scenerios or something else.
        >
        > What would people like to see at Red Tower. I am looking for interesting
        > ideas.
        > (Tormod would you please add Red Tower to your Rapier web site. Thanks)
        >
        > Irene
        > RMiC Red Tower

        Excuse me, but where is Red Tower?

        And when is that event going to take place?

        Thanks
        Leonardo

      • Eorann21@aol.com
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 1, 1999
          I rather liked the capture the flag battles at Border Raids. Not that I
          participated, but they were really cool to watch. I also liked the tourney
          held at Glaedenfeld's Twelfth Night earlier this year. Combatants rolled
          dice, and the number rolled corresponded to the weapons style and limitations
          the combatant had to use. (I think this is correct. I didn't actually
          participate. Tormod ran the tourney, so I guess he could give more details)

          Lady Eorann inghean Bhroin
          Eeyore

          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 1, 1999
            >Excuse me, but where is Red Tower?

            Red Tower is the South Downs signature event, it is generally held at
            Indian Springs State park just south of Atlanta

            >And when is that event going to take place?

            I believe it will be September 18th. Check a PC near you.

            Irene

            cadet of Don Giovanni di Fiamma
            Dean of the Academia Patron of the Thorny Ivy
            Be master of your will, and a servant of your conscience. - Hasidic folk saying

            eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/serapier
          • Martin Burnham-Russell
            Message 5 of 8 , Jul 1, 1999
              Hi Irene,

              At 05:53 PM 7/1/99 -0400, you wrote:
              >(Tormod would you please add Red Tower to your Rapier web site. Thanks)

              Done.

              Let me know as plans take form. Also if there becomes a web flyer.

              Thanx
              Tormod

              eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/serapier
            • Brad Wilson
              Message 6 of 8 , Jul 14, 1999
                >I am pleased to announce that the Rapier tourney at Red Tower in September
                >will be the first Queen's Rapier Prize Tourney sponsored Her future
                >Majesty, Queen Meaghan. HRH Meaghan has requested a double elim tourney
                >with rotating weapons forms.

                Cool.... I will be there with bells on..... Is anyone going to Beggar's
                Rebbellion (I know you and Tormod aren't..).

                Edward

                Message 7 of 8 , Jul 14, 1999
                  I am pleased to announce that the Rapier tourney at Red Tower in September
                  will be the first Queen's Rapier Prize Tourney sponsored Her future
                  Majesty, Queen Meaghan. HRH Meaghan has requested a double elim tourney
                  with rotating weapons forms.

                  The tourney is currently scheduled for early afternoon.

                  In Service
                  Irene

                • xdrwalla@us.ibm.com
                  Message 8 of 8 , Sep 20, 1999
                    Christoph van den Brake (formerly known as Christopher the Pilot) won
                    the Queen's rapier prize tourney held this past weekend at Red Tower.
                    He was victorious in a Swiss Five tourney over Lady Tangwen. Christoph
                    is from Owl's Nest, Tangwen from the South Downs. There were four other
                    fencers in the tourney. (I'm guessing they were Edward de Molay, Lloyd
                    of Penrose, Irene and Tormod; someone correct me if I'm wrong... )
                    Congratulations to Christoph!

                    Christoph and Lloyd were the Queen's rapier guard for court that
                    afternoon.

                    Irene, I understand two fencers from Forth Castle got authorized this
                    weekend?

                    -- Yves de Fortanier