Red Tower XXXIX rapier thanks

  • xochimil
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 2, 2011
      First off, I want to congratulate the winner of their Excellencies of Southdowns Prize tournament, Don Lazarus Gage! He gets the cool Schwag from the Barony!

      He faced Captain Corbin (Jehanne-Azreal (?), my apologies, I cannot remember how to write your name correctly) in the finals, in the presence of their Excellencies and the assembled populace. It was a both a very exciting and well fought set of passes from them and I was honored to witness the Prowess and skill between them.

      I want to also thank everyone that participated in the tourney (17? I think...) and especially for their patience. (Logistically, it was a little rough around the edges) Special Kudos to Natalya for stepping in to help Marshall when needed along with some good advice..It was greatly appreciated!

      We also had 3 authorizations before the day's fighting: Lady Eyba Larsdottr, a recent transplant from the West Kingdom, (now in SD) His Excellency of Southdowns, Baron Hajji Turahan Karamani al-Arsalan and Finally, Michael of Bryn Madoc. (One of the Barony of Bryn Madoc's NEWEST rapier fighters) It was especially great to see a NEW person to rapier.

      If I may take a moment for indulgence;

      It is with some personal pride that I was able to run a tourney since I've arrived in this Kingdom. In the year that I've been here, I have looked to Meridian rapier fighters to empower me to stretch out and try to do more for both the community and in service to (Now) MY kingdom. FWIW, This small tourney may not have meant much to many people, but running it was a big deal for me. I Thank you all for your input and look forward to the chance to cross swords with you many more times.

      Ximón Martillo de Córdoba
      Rapier fighter
      Barony of the Southdowns