Re: southdowns after Midwinter sunday fighter practice

  • xochimil
    Message 1 of 17 , Feb 1, 2011
      I think that is a great idea, but unfortunately I cannot, with confidence, volunteer myself to head that part of it up too. If people want to bring stuff to cook-up, I've got no issues with that (Yves, can't remember, do we have access to a grill?). I'll chip in something for the grill if we have someone who would like to volunteer to organize it.

      I also want to let people know that those who prefer to not play rapier (rapier widows?), Our Baroness, Jadi, will be leading a "Sari Safari" in town for those interested.

      (My wife will also be on that, so ill be a sort of "Sari" widow(er).. Hence the rapier.)

      last bit of news... I'll be keeping an eye on the weather for Sunday. and will announce Saturday if we are calling off practice Sunday.

      Ximon

      --- In serapier@yahoogroups.com, Travis Newberry <gyborgar@...> wrote:

      > How about doing something for fighter practice next week, say like hamburgers and hotdogs.
      > I have a grill and some meat about...
      > The we might get some of the visitors to stay over after the event.
      > Just a thought.
      > Borgar
    • Yves de Fortanier
      Message 2 of 17 , Feb 1, 2011
        Ximon, there's no grill nearby at the park and, last I knew, the Barony does
        not own one.

        Also, with all due respect, while it's your tournament to host or cancel,
        'tis my practice session to do likewise. 8-)

        Yves
        (who uses the Widescape Weather Yahoo desktop widget and the Weather
        Underground Web site to get info on weather forecast and current conditions)

        Message 3 of 17 , Feb 2, 2011
          I have a portable grill and I am happy to bring it.
        • Francois le Souris

            Message 5 of 17 , Feb 2, 2011
              AS do I if we want to do this???
              What is the word from someone on the heavy side??
              Borgar

              Travis Newberry
              USMC Ret
              Home Mortgages by
              Fairway Mortgage Independent Corporation
              770-410-1855
              www.travisloans.net

              > To: serapier@yahoogroups.com
              > From: gcheimis@...
              > Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2011 12:38:18 +0000
              > Subject: [serapier] Re: southdowns after Midwinter sunday fighter practice - I have a portable grill
              >
              > I have a portable grill and I am happy to bring it.

              > <*> Your email settings:
              > Individual Email | Traditional
              >
              > <*> To change settings online go to:
              > (Yahoo! ID required)
              >
              > <*> To change settings via email:
              > serapier-digest@yahoogroups.com
              > serapier-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

              > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

            • f.souris
              Message 6 of 17 , Feb 3, 2011
                Terribly sorry to be a bother but while I remember the site, I have no recollections as to the "situation". Please refresh my memory.
                FS

              • yves.de.fortanier@comcast.net
                Message 7 of 17 , Feb 3, 2011
                  Of course, François. Please pardon my lack of information.

                  My understanding of what I call the situation ... The site is a church with no gym in an urban area. Parking space is not abundant. There is some greenspace on the block, but it's away from the area being rented. Fencing wasn't mentioned in the plans for the event schedule. I didn't hear from anyone saying they wanted to have fencing at Midwinter this year, so I didn't check the feasibility.

                  Yves

                  Terribly sorry to be a bother but while I remember the site, I have no recollections as to the "situation".  Please refresh my memory.
                  FS

                  --- In serapier@yahoogroups.com, "Yves de Fortanier" <yves.de.fortanier@...> wrote:

                  > Alas, no. Same site and situation as last year.
                  >
                  > Yves de Fortanier
                  > marshal, South Downs

                • xochimil
                  Message 8 of 17 , Feb 3, 2011
                    --- In serapier@yahoogroups.com, "Yves de Fortanier" <yves.de.fortanier@...> wrote:

                    > Ximon, there's no grill nearby at the park and, last I knew, the Barony does
                    > not own one.
                    >
                    > Also, with all due respect, while it's your tournament to host or cancel,
                    > 'tis my practice session to do likewise. 8-)
                    >
                    > Yves
                    > (who uses the Widescape Weather Yahoo desktop widget and the Weather
                    > Underground Web site to get info on weather forecast and current conditions)

                    =====

                    You are absolutely correct Yves, pardon my poor choice of wording. I meant to say the tourney.....but Tourney, so far is a GO!
                  • xochimil
                    Message 9 of 17 , Feb 3, 2011
                      --- In serapier@yahoogroups.com, Travis Newberry <gyborgar@...> wrote:

                      > AS do I if we want to do this???
                      > What is the word from someone on the heavy side??
                      > Borgar
                      >
                      > Travis Newberry
                      > USMC Ret
                      > Home Mortgages by
                      > Fairway Mortgage Independent Corporation
                      > 770-410-1855
                      > www.travisloans.net

                      =====

                      I went to our Baronial meeting this past wednesday, and I was advised that you , Borgar was bringing the grill..what size are we talking about?

                      Ximon
                    • xochimil
                      Message 10 of 17 , Feb 3, 2011
                        --- In serapier@yahoogroups.com, "mikolaj_pilypas" <gcheimis@...> wrote:

                        > I have a portable grill and I am happy to bring it.

                        Mikolaj,

                        if you bring it ready to cook on ( i.e. on standby) I am good with that.

                        ya never know.

                        Ximon
                      • xochimil
                        Message 11 of 17 , Feb 3, 2011
                          Francois,

                          I too, am looking forward to trying to catch the game on Sunday. you are not alone. If we can get started on time and do some fightin' and eat some grub...I think we can make this work.

                          Ximon
                        • xochimil
                          Message 12 of 17 , Feb 3, 2011
                            AS a possible added bonus:

                            a couple of friends of mine are in town who both happen to fight rapier and when I spoke with my friend tonight. I mentioned we were having a practice on Sunday and one of them was very interested in hopefully showing up to play a bit..may need some loaner gear. Yves.. any available?

                            I have a sword and some gloves he can borrow. but not much else. my friend will be at pre-setup on Friday night.

                            Ximon
                          • mikolaj_pilypas
                            Message 13 of 17 , Feb 4, 2011
                              I will bring my grill too.