Last Call for GWXX Rapier Activities

  • Thomas
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 1, 2011
      I will give this one more try. If anyone out there wishes to sponsor a tournament, class, workshop, or other activity at the Rapier Field at Gulf Wars XX, I MUST have the information by January 7, 2011. I will be submitting the proposed schedule shortly after that. Last year's activities included

      Monday
      Verona Street Brawl, 2:30 PM

      Tuesday
      GA Rapier Swap Meet, 11:00 AM
      Ladies Workshop, 11:00 AM
      Youth Rapier and C&T, 11:00 AM
      6 Men Melee, 1:00 PM
      Trimaris Tournament, 3:00 PM

      Wednesday
      Fitness for Rapier, 9:00 AM
      Everyman Tournament, 12:00 PM
      Diamond Tourney, 12:00 PM
      Old Farts Fencing Society Tourney, 3:00 PM

      Thursday
      Rose Tourney, 9:00 AM
      Champions Tourney , 1:00 PM
      Field Battle, 3:00 PM

      Friday
      Rapier Field Fund Tourney, 9:00 AM
      Ribbon Tourney, 11:00 AM
      Novice Tourney, 1:00 PM
      Youth Tourney, 1:00 PM
      Ravine Battle, 3:00 PM

      Saturday
      Laundry Lyst, 9:00 AM
      Meridies Charity Tourney, 1:00 PM
      Fort Battles, 2:30 PM

      I have also received requests for the following:

      Middle Kingdom alternative to Ribbon Tourney
      Barony of Shattered Crystal to sponsor C&T Workshop and Tourney
      Master Damiano wishes to host a tourney
      MOB requested to host a C&T Tourney
      Pepper requested a Youth Tourney

      Please review this and send me a confirmation and details on these activities; even if you have done so already. If you have anything else you wish to get on the schedule, send it to me.

      Once again, this is the Last Call.

      Thanks
      Tomas
      GWXX RMIC
    • Mark Bailey
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 2, 2011
        One quick question on the matter.
        Is there any combat archery planned or desired for any rapier
        battles/activities?
        I'd certainly be interested. I know there have been a few scenarios in
        the past.
        If lack of a marshal is the only obstacle, I'll be glad to help.
        I usually spend most of the war at CA Marshal's point anyway.
        It would give me more reason to bring my rapier gear, which I usually
        have no time to use.
        Let me know whatever!

        THL Knut Thorfinnsson
        Kingdom of Meridies