Magna Faire Fencing

  • Francois le Souris
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 1, 2010
      Good Gentles of the List,
      Come witness the artisans of our great Kingdom!
      Come, Show your skill and Chivalry in the Pas d'armes. Meet at the
      barrier in Chivalric Combat, Civilian Combat or Cut & Thrust.

      For the afternoon please attend and see if you are as great a man as
      Benevuto Cellini!
      According to Cellini's autobiography he was returning from an audience
      with King Francois I
      and a meeting with the Crown's treasurer when he was set upon by footpads.
      With naught but a cloak, a basket of gold and a single sword he was able
      to thwart the ruffians attack.

      For this tourney Cellini will be armed with a cloak (full, half or
      capelet) a basket of gold and a single sword. The foot pads will be
      armed with single swords. The winner of the tourney will be the person
      who A) makes it home from the audience alive B) has the most gold
      remaining in the basket.
      A tie will be fought as a best 3 of five. No projectile weapons allowed.

      Armor Inspection at 0900 Sat
      Pas d'armes at 1000
      Baroness's Prize Tourney AKA Cellini Memorial 1300 (1 PM)

      Capitaine Francois le Souris