An urgent missive

  • dragonetdeleon
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 5, 2010

      Most Noble and Honorable friends,

      Yesterday eve, whilst my Lady and I sat quite contentedly enjoying the day's passing, a slight waft slowly crawled across my fields and up to the lush green knoll where we sat.  As my Lady sleepily pressed her cheek deeper into my chest and curled closer into my embrace, I could not help but wonder...could there be a crispness to the breeze that dared caress the soft brown curls which frame the beauty of her face?  I wondered what fair message that gentle gust might bear unto me.  Might the days have shortened and the nights now begin to ease the burden of the punishing Meridian summer?  Might the sun have begun its long journey toward winter solstice and with it dragged the savage beast of humidity that serves only to rust armor and dampen men's spirits?  My heart leaped with a sudden spark of hope as I looked to my fields and saw my harvest complete.  Upon close inspection I saw the subtle change of color to the leaf of the oak!  I saw the signs that might warrant the change of season.  Oh how I wish for it!  I pray you dear neighbor, dear friend, tell me this is so, pray that autumn approaches!  For in Meridies, the most glorious Kingdom ever to have graced the earth, this change of season brings a time for which all Meridians wait with great anticipation.  A time where, in every corner of our great Kingdom, Knights hone their skills with practice absolute, Squires polish armor to mirror-like finish, Honorable Lords and Ladies don their finest attire and the entire populace become awash in a flurry of excitement and preparation.  With childish glee my Lady and I ran hand in hand to check our calendars.  Indeed my heart all but burst forth from my chest as the astrologers assured us that Pegasus, with Orion close behind, had begun to chase Scorpius from the nights sky.  This marks the time…the occasion we all await…the grandest experience in Meridies…as a mere three weeks hence!

      Take heed dear gentle, make ready for that most glorious and auspicious of affairs.  I beg you come join me.  Come witness the grandiose spectacle that is…

      Meridian Grand Tourney

      It is my deepest hope to see you there.

      In service to the Crown,

      Lord Dragonet de Lyon