- Happy New Year Everyone!I know everyone's schedule is busy, but keep an opening for January 30th. I am hosting a Rapier Academy at Winter Collegium this year. It is indoors, in a gym, with a lot of room. We will fight from 9 am till 9 pm. It is a day trip, but you should get plenty of food for your money. It is in Pulaski Tennessee, about 10 minutes off of I-65, exit 14.Check it out at www.madscientist.name/index.htmContact me with any questions or comments.Hawk
- Folks,Don't you worry about the snow this weekend. Saturday up in Pulaski Tennessee, we will have a whole day of fencing, indoors. Yes, as warm and dry as a basketball gym can be. Food provided. Check out madscientist.name for all activities related to this event. Many of the best fencers in the kingdom will be there, and maybe a couple from out of kingdom. Don't miss it.Hawk
- Just heard from Hawk that, due to inclement weather, Winter Collegium has been cancelled. Please pass it on so nobody risks travelling in this mess.Corbin
- Thank you for the info Corbin. That was not a drive I was looking forward to after the ice and snow had started here.
Perhaps it shall be rescheduled.
--- In email@example.com, Corbin <corvus_occultus@...> wrote:
> Just heard from Hawk that, due to inclement weather, Winter Collegium has been cancelled. Please pass it on so nobody risks travelling in this mess.
- Merry Christmas Everyone!While I hope everyone is enjoying the holidays, I want to remind folks of the event on January 8th. We will be having an indoor practice at the Pulaski Gym as part of Winter Collegium. The event is free, bring some food to share for the lunch (we'll bring some hotdogs or burgers) and enjoy a day of classes and fights.It is a large basketball gym, so be kind to the floors with your shoe choice. But I hope to see everyone there.Captain Hawk
Is there a schedule of classes for Winter Collegium? Would you like me to teach the melee class? It requires a large open area and about two hours.
- JJ,I would love to have you teach your melee class. I have to warn you, if the temperature is near freezing... well ... be prepared to paper-teach in a classroom. Maybe people will run out for 10 minutes of fight, but not for standing around in a class. Of course, it could be sunny and 60 on the 8th, can't tell you ahead of time.Pick a time slot in the afternoon. Give us an hour to eat lunch so between 1 and 5.I'll teach a class on something, maybe on buckler or rondel. but it can be at any time, I expect to be there all day.Hawk
Go ahead and sign me up for 1pm to 3pm unless that overlaps any MOB meetings. I'm willing to shift the time left or right.
BTW, my book on Spanish Circle seems to have wandered afar from home. I'd very much like it back.
- Thanks JJ,So far we are doing 1-3 for Melee Theory and 3-4 I'll teach some rigid parry. I think we can compare buckler, rod, and Rondel. I still would like a 4-5 class, but we can always have some open discussion if the weather is bad. If it is good, we'll go kill each other.Hawk
January 29th in Birmingham AL.
One day Event w/ feast served. in Birmingham AL.
Rapier fighting will be inside in a heated gym (Yea!)
Heavy will be outside Classes will be inside.
I will be running rapier classes and pickups.
There will be some crash/floor space available at my place (15-20 min
away) for those that let me know ahead of time.
On 1/2/2011 12:02 AM, hawk@... wrote:I'm going to try to be there if my lungs clear up in time. You want me to do anything?Thanks JJ,So far we are doing 1-3 for Melee Theory and 3-4 I'll teach some rigid parry. I think we can compare buckler, rod, and Rondel. I still would like a 4-5 class, but we can always have some open discussion if the weather is bad. If it is good, we'll go kill each other.Hawk__
-- Scott B. Jaqua Hagerson Forge www.hagersonforge.com
- Don Njall,We have a afternoon slot open, and you have a lot of fencing knowledge we (royal we meaning me) would be happy to acquire. If your lungs are good, and you want to teach, feel free to take the last class. If you just want to hang out and beat on me, hopefully imparting some wisdom with the bruises, I am good with that as well. I haven't picked up my swords since mid December, so I can't wait to get fighting. (If your lungs aren't well, for goodness sake rest up. You guys got buried under a glacier last I heard, don't risk your health.)Hawk