Black Rose

  • Keith Bux
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 3, 2009
      I just read the event flier for Black Rose.
      Because I don't know what is a Swiss five style tourney?

      --
      Keith Bux
      Sent from Huntsville, AL, United States
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 3, 2009
        I believe a Swiss 5 is all 5 fighting styles -

        Single Sword
        Case
        Sword and Dagger
        Sword and Buckler or Hard Parry
        Sword and Cloak or Soft Parry

        the person that wins the besto fothe 5 styles wins the match.  Depending on the number of fighters, this could be a fun but L O N G tourney.

        YiS,
        Dragonet

      • yves.de.fortanier@comcast.net
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 3, 2009
          Each entrant is guaranteed five bouts. Sometimes with rapier, each bout must be fought with a different style. There's some strategy involved if you're authorized in multiple styles because you have to "spend" your stronger styles carefully. It could happen that you might have your last bout against your most formidable opponent using your weakest style.

          Sometimes subsequent pairings are made by current won-loss record. For example, round three would have three groups of entrants -- those with a 0-2 record, those with a 1-1 record, and those with a 2-0 record. Ties at the end can be resolved with single-elimination or round-robin.

          Yves
          South Downs

          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 3, 2009
            wow, this should really be fun.

            Thanks for the insight Yves  :)

            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 3, 2009
              Glad to help, Dragonet. It's possible to run a round-robin (in which you fight everyone else in your pool/group/nest/etc.) with the addition that each fighter must use rotating styles, but that's not really a Swiss Five from what I've gathered.