Re: [serapier] Unusual rapier scenarios

  • Chris and Elisabeth Zakes
    Message 1 of 28 , Feb 1, 2001
      At 05:31 PM 1/31/01 -0000, you wrote:

      >Ah, renaissance football...
      >Too bad Florida didn't exist at the time.
      >We could have a Miami Dauphin...

      Um... Europeans have been visiting Florid since the early 1500s. Spanish
      settlements there predate the Pilgrims by several decades.

      -Tivar Moondragon
      Ansteorra
    • Ursus Grim
      Message 2 of 28 , Feb 1, 2001
        Nah, no harm done. I'm just tenacious.

        Now the happy-bladder baby would have the same sort of effect on it's
        carrier that I'd envisioned. He'd still have to be ultra-careful in it's
        handling and perhaps be willing to take a blow that might strike it and
        spill the water.

        One of the things that I wanted to avoid was having an invulnerable package
        that would end up being carried under one's arm like a football. And if the
        package were not constructed in a delicate fashion, that is precisely what
        would happen. I also wanted to avoid rough hand-offs and throwing from one
        team member to another.

        Does anyone have a problem with simulated wee-wee? :)

        Ursus

        _____________

        I wasn't offended by the idea. Just thought it was in questionable
        taste. And also wanted to point out how poorly it would likely
        reflect on your rapier community. I know you've had problems
        in the past and wanted to point out my not-so-humble opinion
        on the idea.

        As to kidnapping vs protecting an infant. That sounds fine.
        There are lots of options and variations that can be done
        around one group defending something small and portable
        and another trying to capture it. Quick ideas that spring
        to mind are: chest of valuables, important scroll, holy
        relic, royal artifact of some sort and the ever-dreaded
        "Princess's Prize Pooch" (tm). For that matter, make
        it a infant sized bundle with an tall, narrow plastic cup
        half full of water built in. Spilling the water represents
        the child wetting himself in response to man-handling
        and a penalty for the protectors. Still messy and
        amusing for the crowd, but I don't think it would be
        nearly so.... negative.

        The thing that set off my warning bells was the thoughts on
        how to make the little blighter "bleed" realistically. I'll be
        honest, I'd probably be right up there with those trying to
        stick the little guy, just to see what it looked like. *laugh*

        Hopefully you weren't taking my criticisms personally,
        because that's not how they were intended. Just
        throwing in my unasked for tuppence.

        Aedan "full of opinions" Aylwyn
      • Paul Wolf, Jr.
        Message 3 of 28 , Feb 1, 2001
          >From: "Ursus Grim" <ursusgrim@...>
          >Nah, no harm done. I'm just tenacious.
          >
          >Does anyone have a problem with simulated wee-wee? :)
          >
          >Ursus
          Alot of people when trying to avoid drug screens use non-carbonated Mountain
          Dew and water. It could work for the scenario.

          Leo
          Message 4 of 28 , Feb 1, 2001
            sounds like fun actually ... just one question.

            Who gets to change the Royal Diaper? :-)

            Ulfgrimm

          • Emmachia
            Message 5 of 28 , Feb 1, 2001
              sounds like fun actually ... just one question.

              Who gets to change the Royal Diaper? :-)

              Ulfgrimm>>

              Not me or Margaret....we have done enough diapers thank you! :^)

              Emmachia
            • Heather McCafferty
              Message 6 of 28 , Feb 1, 2001
                > sounds like fun actually ... just one question.
                >
                > Who gets to change the Royal Diaper? :-)
                >
                > Ulfgrimm>>
                >

                > Not me or Margaret....we have done enough diapers thank you! :^)
                >
                > Emmachia

                ::nods vehemently::

                Well, maybe if I were paid in Nifty Boots (tm)....

                YIM,
                Margaret of Norwood
                "Douce et innocente à l'extérieur, mauvaise et croquante à l'intérieur."
              • Shoiel ben Yisrael of Poznan'
                Message 7 of 28 , Feb 1, 2001
                  >Alot of people when trying to avoid drug screens use non-carbonated
                  >Mountain
                  >Dew and water. It could work for the scenario.

                  Leo

                  WOW!!!! I'll remember that the next time they ask me to
                  PEE in a jar at work! :-)

                  Shoiel
                • Ursus Grim
                  Message 8 of 28 , Feb 2, 2001
                    (in my best Daffy Duck voice)
                    har de har har...

                    I never let the facts get in the way of a bad pun.

                    Ursus