Re: pick up your sword (was CAR, fabrics)

  • Dale Oliver
    Message 1 of 40 , Sep 1, 2008
      > A lurking outsider butting in for a moment.
      >
      > I have to admit that I detest dagger as well. But mostly because I
      don't
      > use them. I am a sword and buckler man. Every time they come
      inside and
      > want to use that dagger I have to fight the urge to show them what
      that
      > buckler would do to their teeth. ;^)
      >
      > The combat recreation forms we must use due to safety really does
      bring the
      > dagger to an artificial level of use...since they need not fear the
      > reprisals that would be used in period.
      >
      > Wes/Wally
      > Your friendly neighborhood Aten thug

      OK, well I wish I'd never started this thread. Agreed, within our
      rule structure the dagger has more use than it would have had in
      period,( much research has taken place in teh last few days) but it's
      still a vaild piece of that puzzle called rapier. Guess I'll just
      have to go back to fighting single rapier.

      Gerrik
    • David Whitford
      Message 40 of 40 , Sep 1, 2008
        ...weather? what weather? we might get some rain otherwise we just hot and muggy