Re: [serapier] Calontir Fencing at Killies

  • Barry Kirby
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 3 10:33 PM
      I attended Killies this year at an invitiation to possible put on a fencing exhibition. Needless to say it fell through however this is what I did find out. There is fencing per se in Calontir however they do have what is called an undergroung where several do travel to participate in fencing. I found several authorized fencers that hel cards OOK even including 2 kingdom officers. BTW, they want to fight this year at Gulf Wars.

      There are a few intrested in fencing there. It will just take time. I believe the fencing community knows the feelings many have about fencing that come from other aspects of the society, ie Knights, heavy fighters, etc. The point being is I trully believe they will grow into fencing in thier own time.

      Bartholomew

      At 09:44 PM 8/28/2006, you wrote:
      > I gotta head up that way nexy month, and was wanting to maybe find a
      >practice. But I can't seem to find a weblink. Is Rapier not practiced
      >in Calontir?
      >

      > Gerrik
      > the ever curious

      No, Calontir does not formally allow rapier fighting. *However*, they
      are going to be doing a Historical Combat A&S demo about rapier
      fighting at the Valor Tournament on Labor Day weekend (if your
      travels take you there that soon... http://www.baronyofvatavia.org/valor.php)

      And, as others have said, there *is* something of an "underground"
      rapier movement in Calontir.

      -Tivar Moondragon
      Ansteorra