Re: [serapier] Golden Iris

  • Corbin
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 1, 2004
      You can find more information on the Golden Iris event at http://www.badhairlife.com/irisfair/, including the event schedule. The rapier fighting should be going in the morning and afternoon on Sunday. How long will depend on attendance and our collective endurance. I'll be helping to marshal the tourney and then fighting in pick ups and melees afterward, hopefully (and accepting challenges, of course). I'm sure someone would be willing to help you film the fighting if you ask nice. I'd be very interested in receiving a copy of that DVD you mentioned once you get it done. I have some footage from a couple of Gulf Wars ago, but I'm not sure how good it is from a production values standpoint. I'd really love to have a good quality recording of our fighting to show to interested parties.

      Corbin

      Dale Oliver <doliver@...> wrote:
      Anybody have any idea of the schedule for Sunday. I may be able to make it, but may need some help filming.( I want to fight too). And who is going to be doing authorizations? And who all is planning to attend?

      Gerrik
    • Corbin
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 1, 2004
        Whoops! The link got messed up. Here's the correct one: http://www.badhairlife.com/irisfair/

        Sorry 'bout that.

        Corbin

        Dale Oliver <doliver@...> wrote:
        Anybody have any idea of the schedule for Sunday. I may be able to make it, but may need some help filming.( I want to fight too). And who is going to be doing authorizations? And who all is planning to attend?

        Gerrik

        Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 9, 2009
          Corbin,
           I couldn't get your webpage to come up.  Where is GI this year?  I hope I can make it down on Saturday.  I had best get my armor cleaned up.  (the pretty stuff is still at the cleaners.)
          Hawk
        • Corbin
          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 9, 2009
            Well, now that you mention it...

            Come one, come all to Glaedenfeld's Iris Faire which will be held on April 17th - 19th at Montgomery Bell State Park, 1020 Jackson Hill Road, Burns, TN 37029.

            The main event will be the Defender of the Silver Iris Tournament, a double elimination tourney with a fantastic prize and serious bragging rights on the line.  Also, for those with a sense of the macabre, we offer the Deadly Nightshade Tourney, a round robin with a poisonous twist.  Later in the day, if time and numbers permit, we will hold a series of melees to whet your appetite for Border Raids.

            For a full event flyer, you can go to http://www.glaedenfeld.org/Events/Iris_Faire/index.html.  If the page doesn't come up the first time, try again.  I've noticed that the Internet has been acting a little strange lately and several sites aren't coming up until you hit refresh a few times.

            Captain Corbin de la Rue

             I couldn't get your webpage to come up.  Where is GI this year?  I hope I can make it down on Saturday.  I had best get my armor cleaned up.  (the pretty stuff is still at the cleaners.)
            Hawk

            .

          • JJ MacCrimmon
            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 9, 2009
              I wish I could come up for the event, but my son's soccer game for this week is Saturday at 1:30p. I know I can make it to the demo the next day though in Cullman. I'll be so glad when soccer season is done for the spring.

              John James