Re: [serapier] Troll Fen Regional Fighter Practice (was: Treaty)

  • Chris Zakes
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 1, 2004
      Jeffrey D Harris wrote:

      >Most cool!
      >
      >As for teaching, we *were* hoping for instruction in 9th century Japanese
      >portraiture of 12th century Welsh poets, but if you don't feel prepared
      >for it... :-)
      >
      >Looking forward to seeing you.
      >
      >--Aethan

      Considering the amount of contact between Japan and Wales in that
      timeframe, that'd be a *really* short class. <G>

      Seriously, are there particular things people *would* like me to teach,
      or should I just show up with The Machine and my fighting gear and see
      what happens?

      -Tivar Moondragon
      Ansteorra
      (note new email address)
    • Jeffrey D Harris
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 1, 2004
        Don Tivar--

        Yes, the number of 9th C Japanese poets that made it as far as 14th C
        Wales was pretty limited, at that. :-)

        Your 'show up & see what happens' is a good default, but I'm asking local
        fencers to make suggestions of topics they might like to receive
        instruction upon. Two things that come to mind are: Ansteorra seems to
        have a much better-developed training regimen than at least this corner
        of Meridies. Perhaps a discussion/demonstration of training techniques,
        drills, and so forth. Second: Our half of Meridies is on track to
        become an independent Kingdom, sooner or later. Any experience with
        potential pitfalls for new Rapier programs, and how to avoid them, would
        be beneficial.

        And speaking for myself, any coaching that improves my fencing will
        always be welcome.

        I'll pass on any other suggestions I hear. Otherwise, just show up and
        fence.

        --Aethan