Re: [senerchia-italy] Del Guidice

  • JO ENTICKNAP
    Message 1 of 23 , Jun 1, 2006
      She was born a del Guidice, Whitey or dewey mean nothing to me,  but i can ask my mum, she may remember more,  which area are they from?

      jo
      Message 2 of 23 , Jun 1, 2006
        Hi,

        My memory says on the south side of Chicago, but I think in later years they moved to Evergreen Pk., a suburb.  I'll try to check that out for you.
        Ar

        JO ENTICKNAP <joanne2505@...> wrote:
        She was born a del Guidice, Whitey or dewey mean nothing to me,  but i can ask my mum, she may remember more,  which area are they from?

        jo

        > I don't think I can be much help to you but my family Del Guidice,
        were residents at 3 Bath Court on the 1901 census, also Organ
        Grinders, Ice Cream Vendors and all seem to go on to be lodging house
        keepers in Croydon, Brighton and Farnham then Guildford.  However I
        will check the records but my grandmothers marriage certificate was
        witnessed by a cozzi at the time that they were living in 3 bath court.

        Service.

      • JO ENTICKNAP
        Message 3 of 23 , Jun 2, 2006
          Arleine

          Not the same then we are in England!!

          Jo

          > I don't think I can be much help to you but my family Del Guidice,
          were residents at 3 Bath Court on the 1901 census, also Organ
          Grinders, Ice Cream Vendors and all seem to go on to be lodging house
          keepers in Croydon, Brighton and Farnham then Guildford.  However I
          will check the records but my grandmothers marriage certificate was
          witnessed by a cozzi at the time that they were living in 3 bath court.

          Service.

        • Arlene Cozzi
          Message 4 of 23 , Jun 2, 2006
            Okay, but I have relatives in England so why not them.  Arlene

            JO ENTICKNAP <joanne2505@...> wrote:
            Arleine

            Not the same then we are in England!!

            Jo

            > I don't think I can be much help to you but my family Del Guidice,
            were residents at 3 Bath Court on the 1901 census, also Organ
            Grinders, Ice Cream Vendors and all seem to go on to be lodging house
            keepers in Croydon, Brighton and Farnham then Guildford.  However I
            will check the records but my grandmothers marriage certificate was
            witnessed by a cozzi at the time that they were living in 3 bath court.

            Service.

          • JO ENTICKNAP
            Message 5 of 23 , Jun 2, 2006
              Oh Sorry i asumed tht they were people you remeber your parent seeing reguarly.

              My rose was born a del guidice  born in 1907 in Farnham, Surrey,  she married some one call george but I don't know his sirname but i don't think he was italian.

              Do you know your rose's parents name or if she had any borhter or sisters.

              Jo

              > I don't think I can be much help to you but my family Del Guidice,
              were residents at 3 Bath Court on the 1901 census, also Organ
              Grinders, Ice Cream Vendors and all seem to go on to be lodging house
              keepers in Croydon, Brighton and Farnham then Guildford.  However I
              will check the records but my grandmothers marriage certificate was
              witnessed by a cozzi at the time that they were living in 3 bath court.

              Service.

            • Arlene Cozzi

                > I don't think I can be much help to you but my family Del Guidice,
                were residents at 3 Bath Court on the 1901 census, also Organ
                Grinders, Ice Cream Vendors and all seem to go on to be lodging house
                keepers in Croydon, Brighton and Farnham then Guildford.  However I
                will check the records but my grandmothers marriage certificate was
                witnessed by a cozzi at the time that they were living in 3 bath court.

                Service.

                Do you Yahoo!?

              • JO ENTICKNAP
                Message 7 of 23 , Jun 3, 2006
                  Arlene,  sorry can't be of any further help my rose m george leonard and had two sons anthony and patrick.   However I remember my grandand talking about cozzi's as family friends when he was growing up, and a tommasso cozzi was witness on his parents marriage certificate.
                  let me know if i can be of any more help

                  Jo

                  > I don't think I can be much help to you but my family Del Guidice,
                  were residents at 3 Bath Court on the 1901 census, also Organ
                  Grinders, Ice Cream Vendors and all seem to go on to be lodging house
                  keepers in Croydon, Brighton and Farnham then Guildford.  However I
                  will check the records but my grandmothers marriage certificate was
                  witnessed by a cozzi at the time that they were living in 3 bath court.

                  Service.

                  Do you Yahoo!?

                • splh27
                  Message 8 of 23 , Oct 12, 2008
                    Hello all - just an update to anyone out there interested!!!! Been
                    trying to find link between Carmine DG b 1854 m to Mariantonia
                    Gasparro in 1877 and Luigi DG b 1851 m to Serafina Grillo in 1877.
                    They have different parents, Carmine's being Angelo DG and Appolina
                    di Vito, and Luigi's being Guiseppe DG and Carolina Cuozzo.

                    This Luigi DG is a different one from Luigi DG born 1861 and the son
                    of Donato DG and Fimolmena Onesto and who married Anna D'Damato.

                    I was trying to explore the possibilty if Carmine and the Luigi born
                    1851 could be cousins but have come to a dead end it seems!!! Can
                    anyone fill in the gaps???

                    This is what I have: Angelo and Appolina DG had several children,
                    but so far can only list two, Carmine b 1854 and Serafina b 1849.
                    This Serafina went on to marry Pietro Ferraro (b1833) and she died
                    1890. She is not to be confused with the other two Serafina DG's in
                    existence during this same sort of time window - please see my other
                    notes on this!!!!!)

                    Getting back to the point though, does anyone know of any other
                    children of Angelo and Appolina, apart from Carmine and Serafina????
                    I am sure there had to be more!!!! I was hoping to slot in Michele
                    DG m to Caroline Piedmonte........

                    Anyway, Carmine went on to marry Mariantonia Gasparro ( b 1851 d 1930
                    Brighton UK ) in 1875. Mariantonia was the d of Guiseppe Gasparro
                    and Rosa Papa.

                    Carmine and Mariantonia had 5 children - Salvatore, Angelo ( b 1883 d
                    1948) Constantino, Mariantonia and Maria Micheala (b 1888)

                    Maria Michaela m Gaetano Mazzone( known as George) b 1881, I think
                    it was 1905/6 in Dover UK.

                    Now, George had three sisters and two brothers : Rosa, Maria,
                    Concetta and Liberato.

                    It seems that Liberato married into the DG family too when he married
                    Angelina DG - I do not know her parentage...

                    There seems to be a multitude of connections that are beyond my
                    comprehension re the Mazzone and DG families, can anyone help???

                    OK.... Luigi DG son of Guiseppe DG and Carolina Couzzo ( and not
                    the son of Donato DG who has same name but was born 10 years later!)
                    was married to Serafina nee Grillo in 1875. She is buried in
                    Uxbridge, I believe. She was the d of Raffael Grillo and Donata
                    Mazzone. So connection to the Mazzzone's there! Does anyone know
                    how Donata Grillo ( nee Mazzone) fits in with Salvatore Mazzone?
                    Could they have been brother and sister???? I have a Salvatore
                    Mazzone b 1846 - who had the son, George ( Gaetano), Rosa, Maria,
                    Concetta and Liberato.

                    As already said, George married Maria in 1905/06, but it also seems
                    that Liberato, his brother, married an Angelina DG. I can not fit
                    Angelina DG into my tree - I was wondering if she could be a missing
                    sibling of Carmine and Serafina DG, children of Angelo and
                    Appolina???? Dates would appear to be about right.

                    Does any one know of any of the other children of Angelo and
                    Appolina???

                    I am also trying to track down another brother of Luigi, son of
                    Guiseppe and Caroline Cuozzo. It seems Luigi had a brother called
                    Nicola - I am in contact with his grandson, who is a wonderful 86
                    years old, and would so love to find the connection between us all!!!

                    So can anyone fill in the missing gaps????

                    Further back, I have found a Don Nicola del Guidice b 1587 d
                    31/3/1672 and m to Ippolita Pelagrano. It seems there may be a
                    Spanish Connection, since Don is Mr in Spanish.... It could be his
                    son was Antonio DG, Prince of Callemare b 1657 d 1733 and who was the
                    Spanish Ambassodor to France. Another son, also called Nicola DG
                    became a Cardinal and officiated in Pope's funeral - there is a
                    street named after him in Naples, it seems.

                    Most of the daughters entered convents...

                    Anyway, I think that is about it: if anyone can help fill in the
                    spaces - most appreciated!

                    Best regards
                  • Jo Enticknap
                    Message 9 of 23 , Oct 12, 2008

                      Hi Patrice

                      Good to hear from you again,  haven’t got any further with the DG’s I see on your list of children of carmine you have a marieantona as will as maria michaela  I don’t have any info on her can you let me know.  Do you know who the “standy” is on the 1901 census age 2 years born in Italy .

                      Also I have found  Constantino DG marriage in Farnham in 1917,  do much of  coincidence do you think?

                      Speak soon

                      Jo

                        Message 11 of 23 , Oct 12, 2008

                          Hello

                          I am Gary Mazzone and I can help a bit with Gaetano (George and Maria D.G). They were my grandparents, married in Dover then moved to Chichester. They had 10 children, Salvatore (sammy) Alberto (my father) Antonio, Michael, Angelina. Caterina (Kathy) Filomina, Rosina, Elisabeth (Betty) and Maria. Caterina, Filomina, Rosina and Betty are still living in Chichester. Hope this helps helps

                          Best regards to you all

                          Gary

                          Message 12 of 23 , Oct 12, 2008
                            Hi Gary,

                            Nice to hear from you and thanks for the list of children. We are
                            realted through your Del Giudice grandmother. Although in my file
                            there are 12 children (have been working on with Jo).

                            Send me an e-mail at rocketace22@..., and I can send you a copy
                            of the tree and try to see if the additional children we have listed
                            can be merged with one of the 10 you list.

                            Talk soon,
                            Peter

                            --- In senerchia-italy@yahoogroups.com, gary mazzone
                            <mazzone_gary@...> wrote:

                            > Hello
                            >
                            > I am Gary Mazzone and I can help a bit with Gaetano (George and
                            Maria D.G). They were my grandparents, married in Dover then moved to
                            Chichester. They had 10 children, Salvatore (sammy) Alberto (my
                            father) Antonio, Michael, Angelina. Caterina (Kathy) Filomina,
                            Rosina, Elisabeth (Betty) and Maria. Caterina, Filomina, Rosina and
                            Betty are still living in Chichester. Hope this helps helps

                            > Best regards to you all
                            >
                            > Gary

                          • John Mazzone
                            Message 13 of 23 , Oct 12, 2008
                              Hi
                              Liberato Mazzone wife  Angelina Del Giudice,was the daughter of Antonino Del Giudice b 1867, and Maria Concetta Duercio.
                              Antonino's Father was Emiddio DG.