Re: Nicola and Orlando Papa

  • charon99
    Message 1 of 23 , Apr 13, 2006
      Hello Donna,

      Is there a record for a Nicola Papa b. ~1892 (+/- 1yr)?

      Thanks,
      Rob

      --- In senerchia-italy@yahoogroups.com, D K <dmkitaly@...> wrote:

      > Pete, these entries are found in the index files. There is only one
      Orlando Papa and there are 4 Nicola Papa's, but there is only one for
      1898 (which is the year of birth you gave in a previous message).

      > Nicola Papa b. 1898 and
      > Orlando Gerardo Raffaele b. 1905
      >
      > Hope this helps, Donna K
      >
      > rocketace2222 rocketace22@... wrote:
      > I too was interested in that Grazia. I was wondering if she had
      > children by the name of Nicole and Orlando, both born in Senerchia.
      >
      > Pete

      > ---------------------------------
      >

      > ---------------------------------
      > Yahoo! for Good

    • D K
      Message 2 of 23 , Apr 14, 2006
        Rob, there is a birth record in 1891. Nicola Papa b. Oct. 15, 1891 to Alfonso and Filomena Carmela Parisi. That's all there is on him right now.
        Donna K

        charon99 <rob@...> wrote:
        Hello Donna,
        Is there a record for a Nicola Papa b. ~1892 (+/- 1yr)?
        Thanks,
        Rob
        --- In senerchia-italy@yahoogroups.com, D K <dmkitaly@...> wrote:

        > Pete, these entries are found in the index files. There is only one
        Orlando Papa and there are 4 Nicola Papa's, but there is only one for
        1898 (which is the year of birth you gave in a previous message).

        > Nicola Papa b. 1898 and
        > Orlando Gerardo Raffaele b. 1905
        >
        > Hope this helps, Donna K
        >
        > rocketace2222 rocketace22@... wrote:
        > I too was interested in that Grazia. I was wondering if she had
        > children by the name of Nicole and Orlando, both born in Senerchia.
        >
        > Pete

      • Rob Pope
        Message 3 of 23 , Apr 17, 2006
          Hi Donna,

          That's great information, and confirms several things.  Alfonso and Filomena (she went by Carmela in the US) are my great-great-grandparents!!!

          Is there anyway to trace their offspring?  I have been told they had a large family, and have several names, but have only been able to definitively link a couple to them.

          Thanks,
          Rob

          charon99 <rob@...> wrote:
          Hello Donna,
          Is there a record for a Nicola Papa b. ~1892 (+/- 1yr)?
          Thanks,
          Rob
          --- In senerchia-italy@yahoogroups.com, D K <dmkitaly@...> wrote:

          > Pete, these entries are found in the index files. There is only one
          Orlando Papa and there are 4 Nicola Papa's, but there is only one for
          1898 (which is the year of birth you gave in a previous message).

          > Nicola Papa b. 1898 and
          > Orlando Gerardo Raffaele b. 1905
          >
          > Hope this helps, Donna K
          >
          > rocketace2222 rocketace22@... wrote:
          > I too was interested in that Grazia. I was wondering if she had
          > children by the name of Nicole and Orlando, both born in Senerchia.
          >
          > Pete

        • D K
          Message 4 of 23 , May 17 4:10 PM
            Rob,  I checked all our index files and discovered that Filomena is the only Parisi listed. There is an index entry for their marriage bann in 1874 but there is no entry for their marriage. For these reasons, I do not believe she was born in Senerchia.

            In doing my own Papa research I have a note for a death record for Alfonso Papa which  I believe reads: died Sept. 4, 1901 in Chicago at age 60. I could not find any spouse name, so I'm not sure if he's your Alfonso.

            However, Donna C has just linked your Alfonso to Antonino Papa and Paola Trimarco and she has given me permission to post her data. Read the descendants of Erberto Calzaretto to find your line. (Some of this was previously posted in message #40.)
            Donna K

            charon99 <rob@...> wrote:
            Hello Donna,
            Is there a record for a Nicola Papa b. ~1892 (+/- 1yr)?
            Thanks,
            Rob
            --- In senerchia-italy@yahoogroups.com, D K <dmkitaly@...> wrote:

            > Pete, these entries are found in the index files. There is only one
            Orlando Papa and there are 4 Nicola Papa's, but there is only one for
            1898 (which is the year of birth you gave in a previous message).

            > Nicola Papa b. 1898 and
            > Orlando Gerardo Raffaele b. 1905
            >
            > Hope this helps, Donna K
            >
            > rocketace2222 rocketace22@... wrote:
            > I too was interested in that Grazia. I was wondering if she had
            > children by the name of Nicole and Orlando, both born in Senerchia.
            >
            > Pete

          • Rob Pope
            Message 5 of 23 , May 19 7:38 AM

              Hello Donna,

              That was my Alfonso in the death record.  I will look at Donna C's message to track more down.

              Thanks so much for your help!!!

              Rob

            • dawells2@aol.com

                charon99 wrote:
                Hello Donna,
                Is there a record for a Nicola Papa b. ~1892 (+/- 1yr)?
                Thanks,
                Rob
                --- In senerchia-italy@yahoogroups.com, D K wrote:

                > Pete, these entries are found in the index files. There is only one
                Orlando Papa and there are 4 Nicola Papa's, but there is only one for
                1898 (which is the year of birth you gave in a previous message).

                > Nicola Papa b. 1898 and
                > Orlando Gerardo Raffaele b. 1905
                >
                > Hope this helps, Donna K
                >
                > rocketace2222 rocketace22@... wrote:
                > I too was interested in that Grazia. I was wondering if she had
                > children by the name of Nicole and Orlando, both born in Senerchia.
                >
                > Pete

                YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

                -------------------
                Donna:

                I'm not at home, but isn't this my line also?  hmmmm..

                Denise
              • D K

                  charon99 wrote:
                  Hello Donna,
                  Is there a record for a Nicola Papa b. ~1892 (+/- 1yr)?
                  Thanks,
                  Rob
                  --- In senerchia-italy@yahoogroups.com, D K wrote:

                  > Pete, these entries are found in the index files. There is only one
                  Orlando Papa and there are 4 Nicola Papa's, but there is only one for
                  1898 (which is the year of birth you gave in a previous message).

                  > Nicola Papa b. 1898 and
                  > Orlando Gerardo Raffaele b. 1905
                  >
                  > Hope this helps, Donna K
                  >
                  > rocketace2222 rocketace22@... wrote:
                  > I too was interested in that Grazia. I was wondering if she had
                  > children by the name of Nicole and Orlando, both born in Senerchia.
                  >
                  > Pete

                • Rob Pope
                  Message 8 of 23 , May 21 8:10 AM
                    Hi Donna,

                    Unfortunately I do not have a location for Filomena's birth.

                    I believe Alfonso died in Chicago on March 11, 1900, based on a photo of a gravestone.  But I don't know how accurate it was, as it also has a date for who I believe is Angeloraffaele of March 22, 1886, one year and one day off of the Erberto Calzaretto posting (#926.)

                    There is one question I have:  I think there is a sibling missing from the Alfonso and Filomena listing, is that possible?  I believe there should also be a Michele Angelo Papa b. ~1884 in that family as well.  Any thoughts?

                    Thanks so much for all your help,
                    Rob

                    charon99 wrote:
                    Hello Donna,
                    Is there a record for a Nicola Papa b. ~1892 (+/- 1yr)?
                    Thanks,
                    Rob
                    --- In senerchia-italy@yahoogroups.com, D K wrote:

                    > Pete, these entries are found in the index files. There is only one
                    Orlando Papa and there are 4 Nicola Papa's, but there is only one for
                    1898 (which is the year of birth you gave in a previous message).

                    > Nicola Papa b. 1898 and
                    > Orlando Gerardo Raffaele b. 1905
                    >
                    > Hope this helps, Donna K
                    >
                    > rocketace2222 rocketace22@... wrote:
                    > I too was interested in that Grazia. I was wondering if she had
                    > children by the name of Nicole and Orlando, both born in Senerchia.
                    >
                    > Pete

                  • D K

                      Message 10 of 23 , May 21 2:10 PM
                        Hi Donna,

                        Thanks for checking when you have the time, I greatly appreciate it.  Your help has been invaluable.

                        Yes, I believe that is the gravestone for Raffaele, with Alfonso and (Filomena) Carmela also.  It reads as follows, all 3 on one headstone:

                        Ralph Pope
                        Mar. 22, 1886 - July 27, 1915
                        Alfonso Pope
                        June 24, 1840 - Mar. 11, 1900
                        Carmela Pope
                        N. 1861 - M. 1923

                        This is all in line with family history, and is probably Raffaele, Alfonso, and (Filomena) Carmela Papa.  I know from conversations with my grandfather that the family Americanized the names when they came over, to help incorporate themselves in American society.

                        Thanks again,
                        Rob

                        Message 11 of 23 , May 23 2:57 PM
                          Denise, yes - I believe this is also your line.
                          Please add your messages to the top of the thread...I couldn't find it
                          when I first read it! Only saw it today...Thanks, Donna K

                        • dawells2@aol.com
                          Message 12 of 23 , May 23 4:24 PM
                            In a message dated 5/23/2006 6:00:50 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, dmkitaly@... writes:
                            Denise, yes - I believe this is also your line.
                            Please add your messages to the top of the thread...I couldn't find it
                            when I first read it! Only saw it today...Thanks, Donna K

                            > Read  the descendants
                            > of Erberto Calzaretto to find your line. (Some of this  was
                            previously posted
                            > in message #40.)
                            > Donna K

                            > -------------------
                            > Donna:

                            > I'm not at home, but isn't this my line also?  hmmmm..

                            > Denise

                            ----------------------------
                            Donna.... I'm sorry.  I thought I did.  LOL... What do I know?  LOL

                            Denise

                          • D K
                            Message 13 of 23 , Jun 1, 2006
                              Rob, here's what I got today.

                              BIRTHS
                              1. Papa Michele Arcangelo 11 May 1884  B  to Alfonso & Filomena Carmela Parisi
                              2. I rechecked the following 2 records - date and year are correct:
                              Papa Angelo Raffaele 23 Mar 1887  B  to Alfonso & Filomena Carmela Parisi
                              Papa Francesco  23 Mar 1887  B  to Alfonso & Filomena Carmela Parisi
                              3. I accidentally found the next one when I thought I was looking in 1884 for Michele Arcangelo:
                              Papa Angiolo Benedetto 08 May 1894  B  to Alfonso & Filomena Carmela Parisi

                              DEATHS
                              1. I rechecked the death date and the date and year and age are correct:
                              Papa Francesco   25 Mar 1887  D  Alfonso & Carmela Parisi
                              died at age 2 days
                              2. I rechecked the death date and your information is correct as was stated in the record. I previously extracted the wrong date. Thanks for the correction:
                              Papa Alfonso  11 Mar 1901  D  Antonino & Paola Trimarco,
                              b. 1840; died at age 60 in Chicago, Ill. of pneumonia
                              3. Rechecked the date and it is correct:
                              Papa Raffaele   06 Apr 1886  D  Antonino & Paola Trimarco,
                              b. 1830; m. Maria Antonia Vecchi; died in Cette

                              BANN
                              Alfonso Papa, single age 35 born in Senerchia
                              fu Antonio and Paolo Trimarco
                              Filomena Carmela Parisi, single age 20 born in Calabritto
                              di Nicola and Rosa Filippone

                              Rob Pope <rob@...> wrote:
                              Hello Donna,

                              That was my Alfonso in the death record.  I will look at Donna C's message to track more down.

                              Thanks so much for your help!!!

                              Rob

                              http://mail.yahoo.com

                            • Rob Pope
                              Message 14 of 23 , Jun 1, 2006
                                WOOHOO, that's great Donna!!!

                                It confirms a bunch of things for me, and has a couple more leads to track down.

                                Thank you so much for all the work you've done for me and the list!!!

                                Cheers,
                                Rob