Re: [senerchia-italy] Boffa family

  • D K
    Message 1 of 21 , Feb 2, 2006
      Tina, If you have access to a Family History Center (www.familysearch.org) you can order this film for Senerchia.
      DK

      Registri dello stato civile, 1861-1910  Senerchia (Avellino). Ufficio dello stato civile
      Nati, pubblicazioni, matrimoni, morti, diversi 1861-1865 FHL INTL Film
      1603970 Item 5

      Tina Alu <tinaalu96@...> wrote:
      Thanks Donna K.  How can I check his birth record for sure?  I know there were other siblings, is there anywhere else I can check? Thanks, Tina

      D K <dmkitaly@...> wrote:
      Tina, Francesco Boffa was born around 1865, so we don't have his birth record in our files. However, I did find this record when I was edit checking the 1866 births:

      Boffa, Antonio born 08 Jun 1868 to Vincenzo (son of Giovanni) and Maddalena Vaccaro (daughter of Nicola)
      Donna K

      tinaalu96 <tinaalu96@...> wrote:
      Hi Donna K or C - I need some more information please!!!!

      My great-grandfather was Francesco Boffa who married Gelsomina
      Trimarco in 1889.  I know his parents were Vincenzo Boffa and
      Maddalena Vaccaro but I don't know his year of birth or the names and
      dates of birth of his other siblings.  Obviously if I can go further
      back to trace Vincenzo's and Maddalena's parents would also help. Any
      info as always is greatly appreciated.

      Regards
      Tina

      Do you Yahoo!?

    • Biagio Ia

        Message 3 of 21 , Feb 19, 2006
          Tina, I was finally able to view the films last week. I checked the
          births from 1867 to 1888 and here's who I've found:

          Born to Vincenzo Boffa and Maddalena Vaccaro:
          Antonio b. June 08, 1868
          Lucia b. Dec 13, 1870
          Violanda b. May 22, 1872
          Violanta b. Sep 03,1874
          Arcangiola b. Nov 27, 1877
          Giovanni b. May 20, 1881

          I only have the film for births, so I am unable to check marriages
          and deaths for sure, but here are some guesses. I checked the
          marriage index based on birth year plus 20. I checked the death
          index based on the death year and first name.
          Antonio: no marriage record found. Deaths possibly in 1887 or 1888.
          Lucia: no marriage record found. Death possibly in 1871.
          Violanda: no marriage record or death record found.
          Violanta: possible marriage record in 1896 to Giuseppe Colangelo.
          Arcangiola: no marriage record found. possible death record in 1877.
          Giovanni: no marriage record found. possible death record in 1884 or
          1903.

          Donna K