question on Sciaraffa/Cozzi family

  • DCuillard@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 1, 2005
      Hi: I received this note yesterday and responded to it.  Apparently the original question did not go to the list as I have had questions on what my response was referring to. Below is the original note I received:

      Subj: Sorry to bother you again.
      Date: 8/31/2005 11:02:47 AM Pacific Standard Time
      From: rocketace22@...
      To: DCuillard@...
      Sent from the Internet (Details)

      Hi Donna,
      Sorry to bother you again. I have a question. It is still in regard
      to message #218.

      I was wondering how you went about obtaining the information under "
      Children of Nicola Sciaraffa and Teresa Cozzi are:"

      There has been some "discussion" amongst the family. People remember
      different things. We are positive about 4 out of the 9 children
      being 100% accurate:

      Giovanni Sciaraffa married Gulia Mazzone
      Antonio Sciaraffa married Rosaria Guarnaccia
      Fiorina Sciaraffa married Nicolo Grillo
      Letizia Sciaraffa married Vito Magrino

      I believe that the rest of what you listed is also accurate; there
      are others who are not so sure. We have three direct links to the
      generation right after those listed. One woman remembers and "Amelia
      Sciaraffa" which corresponds with Emilia Sciaraffa listed there. The
      other two don't. Those two also don't believe that the Grazia
      Sciaraffa who married the Giuseppe Papa is a sibling. Although I
      have been on contact with "cousins" from that woman and everything
      seems to fit.

      You are an expert in this and you put that list together, so I need
      your opinion. How accurate do you believe that list is, particularly
      with those children? How did the list get compiled? Where they all
      on the same film, or was it pieced together from different films? In
      your experience how reliable do you think that information is? IN
      your expert opinion what percentage would you give it for being
      accurate?

      I figured you would be the best person to ask, seeing on how we are
      relying on 3 90+ year olds to verify this information. It is
      frustrating hearing different things from different people and
      trying to figure out who is related. Again, I know you must be busy
      and I'm sorry to bother you. I look forward to hear your answer.

      Thanks so much for all your hard work.

      Pete