Re: any relatives of Giusseppe or Donato Del Giudice

  • Rachelle
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 28, 2013
      Hi...My name is Rachelle Del Guidice. According to my records, Luigi DELGIUDICE was born on Mar 22, 1850 in Senerchia, Avellino, Italy and died on Apr 19, 1924 in Uxbridge, Middlesex, England at age 74. My grandfather Luigi or Giudice or DelGiudice (as it was spelled there) was married twice.

      Luigi married Angiola Maria MAZZONE, daughter of Bartolomeo MAZZONE and Carmina COZZI, on Aug 29, 1872 in Senerchia, Avellino, Italy. They had 2 children, Giussepe and Donato. She passed away.

      Luigi next married Serafina GRILLO, daughter of Raffaele GRILLO and Donata MAZZONE.

      Both were born in Senerchia. Due to an earthquake, they immigrated to England and raised their children.

      Later, 4 of Luigi and Serafina's children immigrated to Canada: Antonio, Alexander, Nunzio, and John (my father). Alexander returned to England to his wife an family. They also had girls: Carmella, Eramilia.

      --- In senerchia-italy@yahoogroups.com, Ralph Grillo <rdgrillo@...> wrote:

      > Hi, there, I don't think there is any connection, but my great grandfather,
      > Francesco Grillo, was married to a Serafina Del Giudice, and their son, my
      > grandfather, born in Senerchia in 1864, emigrated to England in the late
      > 1880s. I've been trying to trace the antecedents of Serafina del Giudice
      > for some time, but have had no luck so far.
      >
      > Best wishes
      >
      > Ralph Grillo

    • Rachelle
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 28, 2013
        I've been researching and finding information on my Grandparents for years as my father married a Canadian woman and did not talk about his past much. All I had to go on was a Diary which my Dad kept his personal information. One day, I happen to go to Google and typed in "Senerchia" and joined this website here and I'm glad I did.

        I didn't know that my grandfather had been married twice. Their 3 boys immigrated to Canada.