Re: [senerchia-italy] Descendants of Vito Cozz and Caterina Fornataro

  • D K
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 13, 2013
      see below

      From: senerchiadenise <dawells2@...>
      To: senerchia-italy@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Saturday, July 13, 2013 9:49 AM
      Subject: [senerchia-italy] Descendants of Vito Cozz and Caterina Fornataro

      Under Rosaria Cozzi:

      10. Rosaria Cozzi - 1940 IL Census Cook Chicago on Arthington

      QUESTION and COMMENTS:
      1. You have listed Rosaria Mazzone with son Tony Mazzone - is that a typo? She was never a Mazzone.  True. At the same address is her dauther (and some kids) Maria Paola Papa who married Matteo Mazzone. Rosaria Cozzi and her son Tony also got recorded as Mazzone.

      2. Also, you will see further down the 1900 census shows Antonio born Feb 1875. What record are you looking at to see Antonio born Sep 1875? I'm assuming that is from birth records for Senerchia, correct? Correct.

      3. Organ Grinder's Trust - I found that article in the New York Times very interesting. I did not know about that information. And it seems that Federico Papa, my great grandfather, was one of the first from Senerchia to come to the US and almost an impetus for so many others to come from Senerchia to the US and to Chicago.  That was a great find.

      4. Christ Pope - WWI Draft - you have his birth date as 1993 instead of 1883. Yikes!

      5. Just above Carolina Cozzi, 6, Vincenzo Vece 48 going to his wife Carmela.... Then it says, He is with Nunzianta Vece 34.... is that the spelling in the document for Nunzianta? Or should it be Nunziata? (I know they made lots of typos in these documents, so just checking.) That's the spelling on the arrival record.

      6. FOURTH GENERATION, 7, Maria Luigia COZZI. Under the Ellis Island notation, you have her name as Maria Liugia Cozzi. Is that how they have it in their records? With the ui and iu transposition? Just checking.  Ancestry transcribed it as Maria Lingia, Castle Garden as Maria-Lucia, me - Liugia!

      Okay. That's all I'm going to do for right now.
      Thanks for checking.  Ditto.

      And thanks for this descendant chart.  You're welcome.