Sciaraffa

  • daniel
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 9 10:53 AM

      Author: scrap88
      Surnames: Sciaraffa / Sciarappa
      Classification: queries

      Message Board URL:

      http://boards.rootsweb.com/surnames.sciaraffa/8.1.2.1.1.1.1.3.1/mb.ashx

      Message Board Post:

      Hello Sciaraffa's,

      I wish I would have thought of this earlier but I only recently confirmed the connection.

      My name is Michael Sciarappa from New Jersey. I've traced my Sciarappa line back to the 1600's. From Villanova del Battista in Avellino Italy, to Ascoli Satriano Italy and then to America. I have Sciarappa roots in Stornara, Cerignola, Orsara di Puglia, Vallata, among other towns.

      I just got back from Ascoli Satriano and Villanova del Battista. I confirmed that my family left Villanova before 1712 and moved with one child to Ascoli Satriano in Foggia. However, in Villanova my name was spelled in the Latrin records as Sciaraffa! It appears in the Ascoli records later as Sciarappa and has stayed that way.

      My connection in Villanova is Pietro Sciaraffa and wife Giovanna Cuoppola (Cappoli). Pietro's fathers name is difficult to read it looks like it is spelled ?Sapentio? Sciaraffa in the Latin records. Anyone ever see a latin first name like that?

      Well anyway I am 100% sure of this connection and those of you on here may want to read over the Sciarappa message boards seeing as though we all could be cousins. Of course it is always possible that only some of us our cousins and there are families of no relation with the same last name. We can't rule that out.

      Important Note: