visit to Senerchia

  • yeomanteresa
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 8, 2012
      Hi, well, Anna Donnelly Nee Tremarco and myself finally got to visit Senerchia in June 2012. Her ancestors were born there. She decsends from Sabato Trimarco, whose grandsons went on to England, one staying in London and two in Liverpool. Alphonso was her great grandfather and Carmino her great uncle. We were only there for a day and unfortunatley the cemetry was closed by the time we got there. Anna found it quite emotional and we both thought the village was lovely and the people friendly. The bar staff even phoned an english speaking Italian to come to talk to us.
      xx
    • ggiocomo@comcast.net
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 9, 2012

        How wonderful for you both!

        It is our hope to someday visit Senerchia

        and bring our daughter Gabriella with us.

        It has been so fun and interesting to research the family!

        Still don't know what became of Carolina Cozzi born in Senerchia in 1859

        She married Francesco Mastrogiacomo (Frank Giocomo) in 1885, they had 5 or 6 children

        Their son Liberato was my husband's grandpa Al Giocomo
        Thanks for your message,

        Jenny Giocomo

      • Maria Hudson
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 9, 2012
          Hi
          Could you tell me where the cemetery is in Senerchia, going to  Amalfi soon on holiday & hope to visit.
          Thank you
          Maria Hudson

          To: senerchia-italy@yahoogroups.com
          From: t_yeo22@...
          Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2012 18:27:19 +0000
          Subject: [senerchia-italy] visit to Senerchia

          Hi, well, Anna Donnelly Nee Tremarco and myself finally got to visit Senerchia in June 2012. Her ancestors were born there. She decsends from Sabato Trimarco, whose grandsons went on to England, one staying in London and two in Liverpool. Alphonso was her great grandfather and Carmino her great uncle. We were only there for a day and unfortunatley the cemetry was closed by the time we got there. Anna found it quite emotional and we both thought the village was lovely and the people friendly. The bar staff even phoned an english speaking Italian to come to talk to us.
          xx

        • teresa yeoman
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 9, 2012
            Hi as you go past the town sign for Senerchia, I think the cemetry is down a road on the left. it is signposted. if not ask at the bar in the village.

            To: senerchia-italy@yahoogroups.com

            From: t_yeo22@...
            Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2012 18:27:19 +0000