Re: [senerchia-italy] Boffa/Cozzi/Papa/Pinto/Gasparro/Vaccaro Descendents.

  • D K
    Message 1 of 14 , Aug 1, 2011
      Michael, I can post this line if you like.
      Donna

      Message 2 of 14 , Aug 3, 2011
        Hello there,

        As I am just starting my family tree I would like to add the following to this link, and find out more about my grandmother Carolina (nee Cozzi) and grandfather Antonio Finella. In particular like to follow the link of my Grandfathers brother Raffaele Finella whom I belive may still be in Italy.

        I am the direct grandaughter of Antonio Finella and Carolina (nee Cozzi) and live in the UK. Would like to find missing relatives around the world. I will post the info i have below.

        The place they lived was

        COMUNE DI SENERCHIA
        PROVINCIA DI AVELLINO

        My grandfather was ANTONIO FINELLA - born 1866 in that area in Italy - died August 1937 (12th maybe) in London

        My grandmother was CAROLINA COZZI (before marraige) born 1870 in the same area in Italy and died age 85 on 14th February 1955 in London

        They were married 19 dell'anno 1889 at the Comune di Senerchia

        These Grandparents had 13 children but some died at birth or soon afterwards.

        It seems that my grandparents married in Italy and had at least 2 of their children in Italy before coming to the UK and living in the Italian quarter in Little Saffron near Leather Lane Market in Clerkenwell.

        The elder FINELLA'S I remember were Carmela or Carmello Finella (or Cammie to us) I think who was born in Italy before moving to the UK.  Cant find the year.

        Then Angelo Finella (a famous bandleader of Angelo Mexanos accordian band)

        Eda Margherita born 17.01.07 in Holborn London died 25.08.1990

        Then is seems that my Dads elder brother Guilio (or Julio as we knew him)  had a twin who was named Luigi.
        They were born on 8th May 1910 but Luigi then died. Julio died in London City on 1st April 1987.

        Then when my dad was born they named him Luigi too.
        My father LUIGI EDOUARDO FINELLA was the last of the 13 children and was born 15th March 1915 and died in 22nd July 1994 - registered at St pancras London 39106

        I would apprecaite any help to untie this family tree.

        Many thanks

        Pam Ainsley

        To: senerchia-italy@yahoogroups.com
        From: dmkitaly@...
        Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2011 16:53:05 -0700

        Michael, I can post this line if you like.
        Donna

        On 7/31/2011 6:19 AM, Jason Cozzi wrote:

        > Big thanks for all your help Donna and posting the information, it has
        > been very useful.
        > I dont think I will ever find out if Antonino Esposito and Antonio
        > Cozzi were one and the same person - thinking that Antoniono/Antonio
        > changed his surname to Cozzi when arriving in the UK??
        >
        > From the birth of Teresa and Antonino's son in Senerchia 1893 until my
        > grandfathers birth (Angelo Michel Cozzi) by Teresa and an Antonio
        > Cozzi in 1905 (london) there is no evidence of a marriage between them
        > either in Senerchia or London of these two. Nor is there any residency
        > in 1901 or 1911 census for Teresa Boffa and Antonio Cozzi. No other
        > children found. So they may have just had an affair?? There are a few
        > Antonio Cozzi's in London at that time but none relate to Teresa
        > Boffa. I also checked immigration/passenger lists and nothing concrete
        > came up either. Sadly the paternal side of my family ends with
        > Antonino Esposito because "father unknown"…thats a shame. I will
        > continue to look for any clues but I guess progress will be slow.

            Hi Jason,

            I'm still trying to puzzle out my grandfather who is also named
        Angelo Michele Cozzi. In my case he entered the US with the following
        information:

        First Name:    Angelo Michele
        Last Name:    Cozzi
        Ethnicity:    Italy, Italian South
        Last Place of Residence:    Senerchia, Italy
        Date of Arrival:    Jan 29, 1911
        Age at Arrival:  23y    Gender:  M    Marital Status:  M
        Ship of Travel:    San Giorgio
        Port of Departure:    Naples
        Manifest Line Number:    0030

        And yet there is a second entry in the Ellis Island records:

        First Name:    Angelo
        Last Name:    Cozzi
        Ethnicity:    Italy, Italian South
        Last Place of Residence:    Senerchia, Italy
        Date of Arrival:    Jan 16, 1911

        Message 3 of 14 , Aug 3, 2011
          Pam, I'll post what I've got in the files section.
          One for Finelli (that's what I read on the microfilms...) and one for Cozzi.
          Donna

          From: dmkitaly@...
          Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2011 16:53:05 -0700

          Michael, I can post this line if you like.
          Donna

          On 7/31/2011 6:19 AM, Jason Cozzi wrote:

          > Big thanks for all your help Donna and posting the information, it has
          > been very useful.
          > I dont think I will ever find out if Antonino Esposito and Antonio
          > Cozzi were one and the same person - thinking that Antoniono/Antonio
          > changed his surname to Cozzi when arriving in the UK??
          >
          > From the birth of Teresa and Antonino's son in Senerchia 1893 until my
          > grandfathers birth (Angelo Michel Cozzi) by Teresa and an Antonio
          > Cozzi in 1905 (london) there is no evidence of a marriage between them
          > either in Senerchia or London of these two. Nor is there any residency
          > in 1901 or 1911 census for Teresa Boffa and Antonio Cozzi. No other
          > children found. So they may have just had an affair?? There are a few
          > Antonio Cozzi's in London at that time but none relate to Teresa
          > Boffa. I also checked immigration/passenger lists and nothing concrete
          > came up either. Sadly the paternal side of my family ends with
          > Antonino Esposito because "father unknown"…thats a shame. I will
          > continue to look for any clues but I guess progress will be slow.

              Hi Jason,

              I'm still trying to puzzle out my grandfather who is also named
          Angelo Michele Cozzi. In my case he entered the US with the following
          information:

          First Name:    Angelo Michele
          Last Name:    Cozzi
          Ethnicity:    Italy, Italian South
          Last Place of Residence:    Senerchia, Italy
          Date of Arrival:    Jan 29, 1911
          Age at Arrival:  23y    Gender:  M    Marital Status:  M
          Ship of Travel:    San Giorgio
          Port of Departure:    Naples
          Manifest Line Number:    0030

          And yet there is a second entry in the Ellis Island records:

          First Name:    Angelo
          Last Name:    Cozzi
          Ethnicity:    Italy, Italian South
          Last Place of Residence:    Senerchia, Italy
          Date of Arrival:    Jan 16, 1911
          Age at Arrival:  23y    Gender:  M    Marital Status:  M
          Ship of Travel:    Duca d'Aosta
          Port of Departure:    Naples
          Manifest Line Number:    0017

              I believe the first entry to be correct because I'm named after my
          grandfather.

              If you have information related to him or if anyone else does
          please let me know.

              I've hit somewhat of a dead end regarding him.

          --
          Michael Cozzi
          cozzi@...

          <*> Your email settings:
              Individual Email | Traditional

          <*> To change settings online go to:
              (Yahoo! ID required)

          <*> To change settings via email:
              senerchia-italy-digest@yahoogroups.com
              senerchia-italy-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

              http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        • Michael Cozzi
          Message 4 of 14 , Aug 4, 2011
            On 8/1/2011 7:53 PM, D K wrote:

            > Michael, I can post this line if you like.
            > Donna

            *
            Yes please, or a link?

            Michael
            *
          • Pam Ainsley
            Message 5 of 14 , Aug 4, 2011
              Many thanks for all the information. It is very good of you to help me. Thank you again.

              As I know from all the Finella's there is not one blood relative, to have carried the name forward. Several Finella's never married or had children, and I carried the name until marraige. Such a shame.

              Pam Ainsley

              To: senerchia-italy@yahoogroups.com
              From: dmkitaly@...
              Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2011 18:41:09 -0700

              From: dmkitaly@...
              Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2011 16:53:05 -0700

              Michael, I can post this line if you like.
              Donna

              On 7/31/2011 6:19 AM, Jason Cozzi wrote:

              > Big thanks for all your help Donna and posting the information, it has
              > been very useful.
              > I dont think I will ever find out if Antonino Esposito and Antonio
              > Cozzi were one and the same person - thinking that Antoniono/Antonio
              > changed his surname to Cozzi when arriving in the UK??
              >
              > From the birth of Teresa and Antonino's son in Senerchia 1893 until my
              > grandfathers birth (Angelo Michel Cozzi) by Teresa and an Antonio
              > Cozzi in 1905 (london) there is no evidence of a marriage between them
              > either in Senerchia or London of these two. Nor is there any residency
              > in 1901 or 1911 census for Teresa Boffa and Antonio Cozzi. No other
              > children found. So they may have just had an affair?? There are a few
              > Antonio Cozzi's in London at that time but none relate to Teresa
              > Boffa. I also checked immigration/passenger lists and nothing concrete
              > came up either. Sadly the paternal side of my family ends with
              > Antonino Esposito because "father unknown"…thats a shame. I will
              > continue to look for any clues but I guess progress will be slow.

                  Hi Jason,

                  I'm still trying to puzzle out my grandfather who is also named
              Angelo Michele Cozzi. In my case he entered the US with the following
              information:

              First Name:    Angelo Michele
              Last Name:    Cozzi
              Ethnicity:    Italy, Italian South
              Last Place of Residence:    Senerchia, Italy
              Date of Arrival:    Jan 29, 1911
              Age at Arrival:  23y    Gender:  M    Marital Status:  M
              Ship of Travel:    San Giorgio
              Port of Departure:    Naples
              Manifest Line Number:    0030

              And yet there is a second entry in the Ellis Island records:

              First Name:    Angelo
              Last Name:    Cozzi
              Ethnicity:    Italy, Italian South
              Last Place of Residence:    Senerchia, Italy
              Date of Arrival:    Jan 16, 1911

              Message 6 of 14 , Aug 5, 2011
                Michael, look in the files section for

                desc of Sabato Vestuto/Caterina DelGiudice and
                desc of Rosario Cozzi/Candida Trimarco

                Donna

                > Michael, I can post this line if you like.
                > Donna

                *
                Yes please, or a link?

                Michael