Re: mazzone - mileo marriage help?

  • A William
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 7 9:28 PM
      Hello! I am the newest member to the group and I have really enjoyed reading all of the past posts. I know it has been some time since this thread was written but I believe Alfonso and Cristina were the parents of my grandfather, Liberto (Albert) Mazzone b 1902 in England and died in 1963 in Chicago. I am interested in any information you may have found on Cristina Mileo/Rotundo. I did send for her death certificate and hope to have it soon if it is of interest to you.

      Best regards,

      Bill M.

      --- In senerchia-italy@yahoogroups.com, D K <dmkitaly@...> wrote:

      > Amy, the marriage was recorded in Senerchia in April of 1894. Alfonso Mazzone married Cristina Mileo on August 19, 1892 in Holborn, Eng. Alfonso (b. 1858) was the son of Liberato and Brigida Onesto. Cristina (b. 1868) was the daughter of Salvatore Rotundo. I don't know why Cristina and Salvatore have different surnames. If you do send for the certificate, please send us her parents' full names. I checked all our index files for the srunames Mileo and Rotundo and did not find another reference.
      > Donna K
      >
      > arizonie57 <arizonie@...> wrote:
      > Does anyone have any information on the marriage of
      > Alfonso Mazzone to Cristina Mileo? They are listed in the
      > BMD for LONDON Sep QTR 1892 Holborn 1b1380. I can send for the record
      > but thought I'd check with our group first. I'm wondering also if the
      > marriage was recorded in Senerchia. Thanks!
      > Amy S.
      >

      > ---------------------------------
      > Food fight? Enjoy some healthy debate
      > in the Yahoo! Answers Food & Drink Q&A.

    • arizonie57
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 8 1:16 PM
        Hi Bill,

        I wanted to let you know that I saw your postings about Liberato and Alfonso Mazzone and Cristina Mileo. I was researching them a while ago, trying to find a link between that line and my Mastrogiacomo line. I haven't worked on this for a while, but I'll try to get back into it and share my info with you. Very briefly, I have the descendants of Alfonso and Cristina listed as Brigida, Liberato, Mariagrazia, and Domenico. I'd posted a photo called "Hill-Mastrogiacomo" on the Senerchia site. It's a picture of Eva Mastrogiacomo (my gr-grandmother)and a woman I thought could possibly be Brigida Mazzone (b. abt 1901?). Take a look at it and see if she looks at all familiar to you.

        I'll try to get back to you with whatever info I have about these folks sometime soon. I would be very interested in learning whatever you know about this line. I believe I also have the death cert for Cristina, and possibly Alfonso and his mother Brigida Onesto if I remember correctly.

        Best Regards,

        Amy S.

        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 9 9:39 PM
          Hello Amy:

          Thank you for the note! The picture is really neat. If it is the Brigida Mazzone of 1901, that would be my mom's aunt (her father's sister). I never knew this person but she does resemble young pictures of my uncle to a degree so it could be her!

          Yes, any information on these people would be appreciated as they are my maternal great grandparents and great-great grandparents.

          Best regards,

          Bill Me.

          --- In senerchia-italy@yahoogroups.com, "arizonie57" <arizonie@...> wrote:

          > Hi Bill,
          >
          > I wanted to let you know that I saw your postings about Liberato and Alfonso Mazzone and Cristina Mileo. I was researching them a while ago, trying to find a link between that line and my Mastrogiacomo line. I haven't worked on this for a while, but I'll try to get back into it and share my info with you. Very briefly, I have the descendants of Alfonso and Cristina listed as Brigida, Liberato, Mariagrazia, and Domenico. I'd posted a photo called "Hill-Mastrogiacomo" on the Senerchia site. It's a picture of Eva Mastrogiacomo (my gr-grandmother)and a woman I thought could possibly be Brigida Mazzone (b. abt 1901?). Take a look at it and see if she looks at all familiar to you.
          >
          > I'll try to get back to you with whatever info I have about these folks sometime soon. I would be very interested in learning whatever you know about this line. I believe I also have the death cert for Cristina, and possibly Alfonso and his mother Brigida Onesto if I remember correctly.
          >
          > Best Regards,
          >
          > Amy S.
          >
          > --- In senerchia-italy@yahoogroups.com, "A William" <awm0014@> wrote:
          > >

          > > Hello! I am the newest member to the group and I have really enjoyed reading all of the past posts. I know it has been some time since this thread was written but I believe Alfonso and Cristina were the parents of my grandfather, Liberto (Albert) Mazzone b 1902 in England and died in 1963 in Chicago. I am interested in any information you may have found on Cristina Mileo/Rotundo. I did send for her death certificate and hope to have it soon if it is of interest to you.
          > >
          > > Best regards,
          > >
          > > Bill M.
          > >
          > > --- In senerchia-italy@yahoogroups.com, D K <dmkitaly@> wrote:
          > > >
          > > > Amy, the marriage was recorded in Senerchia in April of 1894. Alfonso Mazzone married Cristina Mileo on August 19, 1892 in Holborn, Eng. Alfonso (b. 1858) was the son of Liberato and Brigida Onesto. Cristina (b. 1868) was the daughter of Salvatore Rotundo. I don't know why Cristina and Salvatore have different surnames. If you do send for the certificate, please send us her parents' full names. I checked all our index files for the srunames Mileo and Rotundo and did not find another reference.
          > > > Donna K
          > > >
          > > > arizonie57 <arizonie@> wrote:
          > > > Does anyone have any information on the marriage of
          > > > Alfonso Mazzone to Cristina Mileo? They are listed in the
          > > > BMD for LONDON Sep QTR 1892 Holborn 1b1380. I can send for the record
          > > > but thought I'd check with our group first. I'm wondering also if the
          > > > marriage was recorded in Senerchia. Thanks!
          > > > Amy S.

          > > > Food fight? Enjoy some healthy debate
          > > > in the Yahoo! Answers Food & Drink Q&A.

        • dmkitaly
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 10 8:23 AM
            Amy and Bill
            It just occurred to me. Cristina Mileo is Cristina Rotundo. She was a widow when she married Alfonso Mazzone. Her first married name was Mileo so that makes her father's name Salvatore Rotundo. The marriage certificate from England may give more details.
            Donna