GAREPPO - GARIPPO

  • dawells2@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 5, 2009
      For the person who just joined us with the Gareppo and Gasparro surnames, this was probably Garippo.

      When you study Italian, you quickly learn that the vowel "i" is pronounced like a long "e" sound.  This would often account for the transposition of the surname spelling.  When I first started my genealogy research of Senerchia families, I overlooked the spelling of "Gareppo."  After taking Italian in adult education classes, one quickly learns the correct pronounciations of the Italian alphabet.

      Welcome aboard to our newest member researching these surnames of Senerchia.  Please be sure to read lots of previous postings as you may find some connections.

      Denise
    • Tracy Smith
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 6, 2009
        If the new member researching Garippo wants to get in touch I'd be
        delighted! Alison Gareppo and I are in touch still. My paternal
        grandmother was a Garippo. T

        Sent from my iPhone
      • dawells2@aol.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 6, 2009
          In a message dated 9/6/2009 10:22:14 AM Eastern Daylight Time, cleophie@... writes:

          If the new member researching Garippo wants to get in touch I'd be
          delighted! Alison Gareppo and I are in touch still. My paternal
          grandmother was a Garippo. T

          ---------------------------------

          Thats great!  I'm excited about that for you.  I hope that you and Alison will share your research with others here on the list.  Everyone on the list must be researching a connection to Senerchia and we love every bit of information that can be brought to the attention of someone else working on a Senerchia line.

          You and everyone else on the list has made a huge contribution to other researchers.  I remember a day when I could find no one at all who was researching their Senerchia connections!  And that hasn't been too long in the distant past.  This mail list was begun in January 2005, and look how far we have come with the information, work and sharing that has gone on here!!!  I am just thrilled that we have this list to share our connections with.  Lots of people are contributing and I know we are all making a difference for others.  Sometimes we just don't realize that a tiny piece of information can make a huge difference to someone else and their research.  I'm sure there are more out there that we can reach.

          So, if you know of someone who has a Senerchia connection, please share with them the information on how to subscribe to this list.  The more we have join, the more information there is to share with others.

          Thanks to everyone!

          Denise
        • Margaret Phillips
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 9, 2009
            Hi Tracy
            Thanks for your reply - it would be good to share information on our senerchia connection - it just seems strange with people discussing what it feels is my family name - my grandfather Louis always said that our names should be Garippo and not Gareppo which most of us in UK were using - so after all this time he was correct - it was my paternal grandfather who was Garippo and my mothers fathers family were Gasparro also with roots in senerchia - I intend to visit senerchia in the near future - so will find out lots more then I would guess. I imagine Alison is a family member as well - are you all based in the uk or elsewhere? I have lots of research to do and like everyone else it's getting the time to do this but already finding my way around sites like this do feel I have made a start.  Hope to hear from you soon.

            Regards
            Maggie