RE: [senerchia-italy] Re: Teresa Boffa & Guilio Boffa.

  • Jason Cozzi
    Message 1 of 25 , Nov 1, 2008

      Dear Tina,

      Just found this email in one of my many “inbox”!!

      Great news! If you give me your address off the group I will post you a copy of the photograph.

      I sent a copy of the photo to Martin who said he would upload  it onto the website?

      I have now got a baptism certificate from my grandfather @ St Peters in Clerkenwell, it says the Godparents are a Donato Mazzoni(e) and Antonia De Marco...does anyone have a connection with them?

      Hi Martin,

      any update and any chance you could post the copies of the photos you mentioned from the wedding?

      Thanks & speak soon

      Jason

      From: Discover Wine Ltd <discoverwine@...>
      To: senerchia-italy@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Monday, 13 October, 2008, 9:07 AM

      Hello Martin

      I am happy for you to post the pictures.

      If I am really honest with you I dont know exactly who is who out of the girls in the picture – I get conflicting views from the elders in the family.

      I was assuming that the second youngest of the girls in the picture was concetta??

      Will look forward to receiving some pics when you have time.

      The elders in the family just refer to Emmy as “aunt Emmy” – a sister or step sister of Michael (my grandfather) . I would expect the youngest girl to be Emmy as my uncle and aunt remember her most vividly and that would make most sense considering their ages. That leaves Rosa as the eldest looking girl in the picture?

      It is quite difficult to age the 2 older sisters but I am assuming the picture was taken after the marriage of Teresa and Emiddio in 1913 but maybe the photo was taken earlier?

      I will quiz my aunt and uncle a bit more and let you know what I dig up.

      Cheers

      Jason

      Message 2 of 25 , Nov 1, 2008
        hi jason
        will do had a family bereavement unfortunately that has taken up most of my time recently
        martin

        ________________________________

        >hi jason received the photos today - many thanks do you want me to post them on the
        site? in the group marked 1914 who is who the only rosa i can figure it being would be
        luigi's step daughter from his third marriage to liberata nee gasparro. trouble is she i think
        was born in france 1894, concetta was born 1902 unless concetta is the younger girl the
        age differences dont suit - any ideas who emmy is? i will get copies of some papa pix for
        you sometime this coming week if i get a moment - thanks again
        martin
        > Hi Martin,
        >
        > Found 4 copies of photos (recent re-productions) that I will send you, hopefully
        tomorrow.

        > If you get a chance then please send a copy of the wedding photo and any others
        relevant to Teresa & Emiddio and children etc...Burwash Fine Wines, Burwash Manor, New
        Road, Barton, Cambs CB23 7EY. My uncle remembers my grandfathers step brother Carlo
        and indeed Luigi on many visits to Gravesend in Kent.

        > He particularly remembers the ice cream parlour and factory (now run by John Rossi).
        >
        > So your father/mother was a child from Emiddios previous marriage?
        >

        > Let me know you receive the photos OK.
        >
        > Jason Cozzi

        Behalf Of martin pope
        > Sent: 06 October 2008 14:21
        > To: senerchia-italy@ yahoogroups. com <mailto:senerchia-italy%40yahoogroups.com>
        > Subject: RE: [senerchia-italy] Teresa Boffa & Guilio Boffa.
        >

        > hi jason
        > if you are able to mail me a copy of that pic i would appreciate it
        > walton house, the stitch, friday bridge, cambs pe14 0hy - the wedding pic 1938
        includes, emiddio, luigi, carlo my father a number of the rossi family and many unknowns
        although i know italians from clerkenwell are well represented
        > all the best
        > martin pope
        >
        > --- On Mon, 10/6/08, Discover Wine Ltd <discoverwine@ ...
        <mailto:discoverwine %40aol.com> > wrote:

        > > From: Discover Wine Ltd <discoverwine@ ... <mailto:discoverwine %40aol.com> >
        > > Subject: RE: [senerchia-italy] Teresa Boffa & Guilio Boffa.
        > > To: senerchia-italy@ yahoogroups. com <mailto:senerchia-italy%40yahoogroups.com> <mailto:senerchia- italy%40yahoogro ups.com>
        > > Date: Monday, October 6, 2008, 9:51 AM
        > > Martin,
        > >
        > > At the moment I donâEUR(tm)t have a scanner to scan the photo to
        > > send.
        > >
        > > I have several copies made so I could send one by post âEUR"
        > > in the meantime I will try to sort out a scanner.
        > >
        > > I would estimate that Concetta is about 12-13 years old in
        > > the picture and its not the best condition.
        > >
        > > Andrea the brother is news to me...who are his parents?
        > >
        > > I will check out the wedding photo of Rosa.
        > >
        > > Cheers
        > >
        > > Jason
        > >

        > > From: senerchia-italy@ yahoogroups. com <mailto:senerchia-italy%40yahoogroups.com> <mailto:senerchia-
        italy%40yahoogroups .com>

        Messages in this topic <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/senerchia-italy/message/3054;_ylc=X3oDMTM1dGdlbjljBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzE0NDE2MDQ1BGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTc3NDA0NARtc2dJZAMzMTA0BHNlYwNmdHIEc2xrA3Z0cGMEc3RpbWUDMTIyNTUzMzI1NwR0cGNJZAMzMDU0> (22) Reply (via web post) <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/senerchia-italy/post;_ylc=X3oDMTJxZzUwNmRjBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzE0NDE2MDQ1BGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTc3NDA0NARtc2dJZAMzMTA0BHNlYwNmdHIEc2xrA3JwbHkEc3RpbWUDMTIyNTUzMzI1Nw--?act=reply&messageNum=3104> | Start a new topic <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/senerchia-italy/post;_ylc=X3oDMTJmMDdhbTMwBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzE0NDE2MDQ1BGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTc3NDA0NARzZWMDZnRyBHNsawNudHBjBHN0aW1lAzEyMjU1MzMyNTc->
        Messages <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/senerchia-italy/messages;_ylc=X3oDMTJmbWtwdTB1BF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzE0NDE2MDQ1BGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTc3NDA0NARzZWMDZnRyBHNsawNtc2dzBHN0aW1lAzEyMjU1MzMyNTc-> | Files <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/senerchia-italy/files;_ylc=X3oDMTJndDJscGI1BF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzE0NDE2MDQ1BGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTc3NDA0NARzZWMDZnRyBHNsawNmaWxlcwRzdGltZQMxMjI1NTMzMjU3> | Photos <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/senerchia-italy/photos;_ylc=X3oDMTJmcDAxYzJmBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzE0NDE2MDQ1BGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTc3NDA0NARzZWMDZnRyBHNsawNwaG90BHN0aW1lAzEyMjU1MzMyNTc-> | Links <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/senerchia-italy/links;_ylc=X3oDMTJncWM2ajVhBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzE0NDE2MDQ1BGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTc3NDA0NARzZWMDZnRyBHNsawNsaW5rcwRzdGltZQMxMjI1NTMzMjU3> | Database <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/senerchia-italy/database;_ylc=X3oDMTJkcmFmZXRjBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzE0NDE2MDQ1BGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTc3NDA0NARzZWMDZnRyBHNsawNkYgRzdGltZQMxMjI1NTMzMjU3> | Polls <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/senerchia-italy/polls;_ylc=X3oDMTJnNm1kNTdmBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzE0NDE2MDQ1BGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTc3NDA0NARzZWMDZnRyBHNsawNwb2xscwRzdGltZQMxMjI1NTMzMjU3> | Members <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/senerchia-italy/members;_ylc=X3oDMTJmYjRtZDFjBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzE0NDE2MDQ1BGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTc3NDA0NARzZWMDZnRyBHNsawNtYnJzBHN0aW1lAzEyMjU1MzMyNTc-> | Calendar <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/senerchia-italy/calendar;_ylc=X3oDMTJlOGgwaDJwBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzE0NDE2MDQ1BGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTc3NDA0NARzZWMDZnRyBHNsawNjYWwEc3RpbWUDMTIyNTUzMzI1Nw-->
        MARKETPLACE
        ________________________________

        From kitchen basics to easy recipes - join the Group from Kraft Foods <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=13r98rqef/M=493064.12016295.13271503.10835568/D=groups/S=1705774044:MKP1/Y=YAHOO/EXP=1225540457/L=/B=MDVZAELaX9s-/J=1225533257887038/A=5530388/R=0/SIG=11nuutlas/*http://explore.yahoo.com/groups/kraftmealsmadesimple/>
        Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest <mailto:senerchia-italy-digest@yahoogroups.com?subject=Email Delivery: Digest> | Switch format to Traditional <mailto:senerchia-italy-traditional@yahoogroups.com?subject=Change Delivery Format: Traditional>
        Visit Your Group <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/senerchia-italy;_ylc=X3oDMTJlcW44MWg3BF9TAzk3NDc2NTkwBGdycElkAzE0NDE2MDQ1BGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTc3NDA0NARzZWMDZnRyBHNsawNocGYEc3RpbWUDMTIyNTUzMzI1Nw--> | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> | Unsubscribe <mailto:senerchia-italy-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com?subject=>
        Recent Activity

        Yahoo! Finance

        It's Now Personal <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=13oo14ot7/M=493064.12016257.12445664.8674578/D=groups/S=1705774044:NC/Y=YAHOO/EXP=1225540457/L=/B=MTVZAELaX9s-/J=1225533257887038/A=4507179/R=0/SIG=12de4rskk/*http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=50284/*http://finance.yahoo.com/personal-finance>

        Guides, news,

        advice & more.

        Moderator Central

        your questions about

        running Y! Groups.

        Check out the

        Y! Groups blog <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=13obtrdde/M=493064.12016258.12582637.8674578/D=groups/S=1705774044:NC/Y=YAHOO/EXP=1225540457/L=/B=MzVZAELaX9s-/J=1225533257887038/A=5191952/R=0/SIG=112mhte3e/*http://www.ygroupsblog.com/blog/>

        Stay up to speed

        on all things Groups!
      • Martin Pope
        Message 3 of 25 , Nov 1, 2008
          jason
          justa thought i have posted the wedding pic and others in the papa photo file on the site for your reference
          martin

          From kitchen basics to easy recipes - join the Group from Kraft Foods <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=13r98rqef/M=493064.12016295.13271503.10835568/D=groups/S=1705774044:MKP1/Y=YAHOO/EXP=1225540457/L=/B=MDVZAELaX9s-/J=1225533257887038/A=5530388/R=0/SIG=11nuutlas/*http://explore.yahoo.com/groups/kraftmealsmadesimple/>
[...]

        • Discover Wine Ltd
          Message 4 of 25 , Nov 2, 2008