Re: [senerchia-italy] Re: Beniamino Mazzone + Emilia Grillo?

  • Doreen Hiseman
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 26, 2008
      Hi I hope this information may be of interest to someone.

        Concetta Mazzone married Antonino Ferrara  february 1900 in Senerchia.I believe came to England appx 1901.
         They had a son Achilli Mattes Ferrari born 1902 and two  daughters Filamena Ferrara born 1905 and Guiliana Ferrara born 1907. Concetta also had a son Vincent Ferrara born out of wedlock the story goes , to an Italian Officer?                                       .
        Carmela [sister] married Gerardo Parisio 1912 Southend, had a daughter Maria Rosa.
         Benjamin [brother] married Emilia Grillo, had a daughter Sylvia born 1920.
       A Rafael Mazzone [father?] also lived nearby.
       Searching the above ancestors i came across a Rosana Ferrara formerly a Ferrara who had a daughter Sarafina 1905, the father was Grazio Ferrara the address for him given was Croyden. can anyone fill in some gaps for me?.

      "d.hiseman" <d.hiseman@...> wrote:
      --- In senerchia-italy@ yahoogroups. com, "ralphgrillo" <rg@...> wrote:

      > I will send something later on the history of ny grandfather Mattia
      > Grillo, born Senerchia 12th December, 1864, but was very interested
      > in
      > a post from DK 'For Karen Green from Donna K' in which she
      mentioned
      > she had found two Beniamino Mazzone in her records one born 1882,
      the
      > other 1887. I am very interested in the sedond one born 1887,
      because
      > he may well be my uncle by marriage to my father's sister. Emilia,
      > who was born in the UK in 1898 married a Beniamino Mazzone in c.
      > 1917.
      > Ben, who was a big, fine man, was definitely born in Senerchia and
      > 1887 sounds about right. Their eldest son, Ralph, was born in 1918.
      > know this because he was named after my father, Ralph or Raffaele,
      > who was in France (as a conscript) with the British Army in 1918
      when
      > Ralph Mazzone was born. Later Ralph Mazzone happened also to be in
      > France with the British Army in 1940 when I was born (he left via
      > Dunkirk). Ralph Mazzone sadly died of cancer when he was 50.
      >
      > Before the war, Ben Mazzone (who may - I seem to recall- have
      served
      > in the Italian Army in the first world war)ran an ice-cream
      business
      > in the seaside resort of Southend until the second world war when
      the
      > family moved to Watford (just North of London) where us Grillos
      were
      > based. After the war there were three families from Senerchia with
      > ice cream stalls on Watford market: Grillo, Mazzone, and Cerasale.
      (I
      > believe there are no Cerasale left in Senerchia.)
      >
      > As I say I remember Ben Mazzone as a fine man and very kind uncle.
      > Among other things he worked as an interpreter at the local courts.
      >
      > By the way, my family has another Mazzone connection. My father's
      > youngest brother (Armando, born 1900) married a Mazzone from the
      > village of Laviano, adjacent to Senerchia across the Sele valley,
      > though at the time she lived in the town of Leighton Buzzard to the
      > north west of Watford.
      >
      > More later
      >
      > Best wishes
      >
      > Ralph Grillo

    • John Mazzone
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 1 1:08 PM
        Hi Doreen,
        I have Concetta Mazzone b 16 Apr 1879, married Antonino Ferrara,b u/k, in Sernerchia 21 Feb 1900.
        Concetta is the daughter of Angeloraffaele Mazzone b1851 and Filomena Delgiudice b u/k, married in Senerchia 25 Apr 1874.
        Children of Angeloraffaele and Filomena, there were 6, only 3 survived to adulthood, Concetta, Carmela b 16 Apr 1885, and Beniamino b 7 Oct 1891, all born in Senerchia.
        This is about all I have, I can go back on the Mazzone line to Concetta's Gt Grandfather Nicola b 1796, but you have more information than I have going forward, which I thank you for.
        Are you a descendant of Benjamin and Emilia Grillo?
        Regards.
        John Mazzone.

        "d.hiseman" <d.hiseman@yahoo. com> wrote:
        --- In senerchia-italy@ yahoogroups. com, "ralphgrillo" <rg@...> wrote:

        > I will send something later on the history of ny grandfather Mattia
        > Grillo, born Senerchia 12th December, 1864, but was very interested
        > in
        > a post from DK 'For Karen Green from Donna K' in which she
        mentioned
        > she had found two Beniamino Mazzone in her records one born 1882,
        the
        > other 1887. I am very interested in the sedond one born 1887,
        because
        > he may well be my uncle by marriage to my father's sister. Emilia,
        > who was born in the UK in 1898 married a Beniamino Mazzone in c.
        > 1917.
        > Ben, who was a big, fine man, was definitely born in Senerchia and
        > 1887 sounds about right. Their eldest son, Ralph, was born in 1918.
        > know this because he was named after my father, Ralph or Raffaele,
        > who was in France (as a conscript) with the British Army in 1918
        when
        > Ralph Mazzone was born. Later Ralph Mazzone happened also to be in
        > France with the British Army in 1940 when I was born (he left via
        > Dunkirk). Ralph Mazzone sadly died of cancer when he was 50.
        >
        > Before the war, Ben Mazzone (who may - I seem to recall- have
        served
        > in the Italian Army in the first world war)ran an ice-cream
        business
        > in the seaside resort of Southend until the second world war when
        the
        > family moved to Watford (just North of London) where us Grillos
        were
        > based. After the war there were three families from Senerchia with
        > ice cream stalls on Watford market: Grillo, Mazzone, and Cerasale.
        (I
        > believe there are no Cerasale left in Senerchia.)
        >
        > As I say I remember Ben Mazzone as a fine man and very kind uncle.
        > Among other things he worked as an interpreter at the local courts.
        >
        > By the way, my family has another Mazzone connection. My father's
        > youngest brother (Armando, born 1900) married a Mazzone from the
        > village of Laviano, adjacent to Senerchia across the Sele valley,
        > though at the time she lived in the town of Leighton Buzzard to the
        > north west of Watford.
        >
        > More later
        >
        > Best wishes
        >
        > Ralph Grillo

      • Doreen Hiseman
        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 2 3:25 PM
            Hi John
                No, Concetta Mazzone is my grandmother she died 1951. I have the Mazzone line back
           to Nicola b1796 thank you.
               I would like to know more about Antonino Ferrara you say born in the u/k do you know where or when?. I would also like to thank everybody for their valuable help.

                                           kind regards Doreen