Re: New Members from my immediate family

  • lizkearny
    Message 1 of 15 , Aug 1, 2007
      Hi Rachelle ther were 11children born to Donata and Filomena
      Delgiudice. Concetta Immacolata b1860,Luigi b1861,Michele b1863, Emiddio
      b1865, Porzia Giovanna b1866, Rosaria b1868, Angel Marie b1868, Carolina
      b1876, Carmine b1877, Arcangela b1880, Fredrico b1882. I have posted
      some pictures in the Franchitto/Delgiudice album. The wedding photo of
      my brother Tony, Fredrico is the second From the right next to his wife
      liz I'm the lanky one at the back. next is Gaetano on the far right is
      my niece Pat Piggott the others are various nephews and nieces.Does'nt
      your dad look like Fredrico and how much my mother looks like Millie. I
      did not learn to speak Italian although I was spoken toin Italian my
      brothers and sisters did.Hope this helps kind regards Peter-- In
      senerchia-italy@yahoogroups.com, "whiteswan10" <whiteswan10749@...>
      wrote:

      > Hi again Peter
      >
      > Thank you so much for the information! Do you know how many there
      > were in Grandpa Luigi's family? We barely know anything about them
      > except their birth place and where they immigrated to. I don't know
      > where Barbara worked originally. She will be able to tell you. I
      > have pics to add of her as well to the photo gallery when they
      > visited us here in Canada. Do you have any pics of Luigi's family or
      > Frederico?
      >
      > Do you speak Italian? I never learned. My father immigrated in a
      > French community here where he met my mother. He claimed he lost his
      > Italian and gained his French here. I was raised French. I know the
      > basics like the greetings but to carry a fluent conversation, I'm
      > lost, LOL. I wish I could speak it.
      >
      > Rachelle
      >

      > --- In senerchia-italy@yahoogroups.com, "lizkearny" lizkearny@
      > wrote:
      > >

      > > Hi Rachelle I am located in Crawley West Sussex. I was born and
      > raised
      > > in Hounslow Middlesex. I moved with my wife Vera to Crawley in
      > 1958. we
      > > have 5children 16 grandchildren and 7 great grand children so we
      > keep up
      > > the Italian tradition. No I never met Luigi or Seraphena. The
      > photos you
      > > posted were most interesting Luigi looks a spitting image of his
      > brother
      > > Fredrico. Barbara might be one of the sisters I once met when she
      > was
      > > working at Denham film studios. Many thanks for replying kind
      > regards
      > > Peter
      > >

      > > --- In senerchia-italy@yahoogroups.com, "whiteswan10"
      > > <whiteswan10749@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Where are you located?
      > > >
      > > > Rachelle
      > > >
      > > > --- In senerchia-italy@yahoogroups.com, peter harwood lizkearny@

      > > > uncle and aunt. I new Millie from Uxbridge and visited her with my
      > > > mum and uncle Gaetano several times. As far as I can remeber she
      > had
      > > > 2 daughters whose names I can't remember they both worked at
      > Denham
      > > > film studios in the cutting room.
      > > > the Del Guidice family. I wish I could be of more help but being
      > the
      > > > youngest of five in my family i seemed to have missed out
      > somewhere.
      > > > kind regards Peter Harwood.

      > > > Ontario, Canada to

      > > > DelGuidice

      > less,
      > > > sign up for your freeaccount today.

    • JO ENTICKNAP
      Message 2 of 15 , Aug 1, 2007

        Hi Peter

        I am also researching Del Giudices who come over to England ,  do you know if Donato had any siblings?

        Thanks

        Jo

        wrote:

        > Hi again Peter
        >
        > Thank you so much for the information! Do you know how many there
        > were in Grandpa Luigi's family? We barely know anything about them
        > except their birth place and where they immigrated to. I don't know
        > where Barbara worked originally. She will be able to tell you. I
        > have pics to add of her as well to the photo gallery when they
        > visited us here in Canada .
        Do you have any pics of Luigi's family or
        > Frederico?
        >
        > Do you speak Italian? I never learned. My father immigrated in a
        > French community here where he met my mother. He claimed he lost his
        > Italian and gained his French here. I was raised French. I know the
        > basics like the greetings but to carry a fluent conversation, I'm
        > lost, LOL. I wish I could speak it.
        >
        > Rachelle
        >

        > --- In senerchia-italy@ yahoogroups. com,
        "lizkearny" lizkearny@
        > wrote:
        > >

        > > Hi Rachelle I am located in Crawley West Sussex. I was born and
        > raised
        > > in Hounslow Middlesex. I moved with my wife Vera to Crawley
        in
        > 1958. we
        > > have 5children 16 grandchildren and 7 great grand children so we
        > keep up
        > > the Italian tradition. No I never met Luigi or Seraphena. The
        > photos you
        > > posted were most interesting Luigi looks a spitting image of his
        > brother
        > > Fredrico. Barbara might be one of the sisters I once met when she
        > was
        > > working at Denham film studios. Many thanks for replying kind
        > regards
        > > Peter
        > >

        > > --- In senerchia-italy@ yahoogroups. com,
        "whiteswan10"
        > > <whiteswan10749@ > wrote:
        > > >
        > > > Where are you located?
        > > >
        > > > Rachelle
        > > >
        > > > --- In senerchia-italy@ yahoogroups. com,
        peter harwood lizkearny@

        > > > uncle and aunt. I new Millie from Uxbridge and visited her with
        my
        > > > mum and uncle Gaetano several times. As far as I can remeber she
        > had
        > > > 2 daughters whose names I can't remember they both worked at
        > Denham
        > > > film studios in the cutting room.
        > > > the Del Guidice family. I wish I could be of more help but being
        > the
        > > > youngest of five in my family i seemed to have missed out
        > somewhere.
        > > > kind regards Peter Harwood.

        > > > Ontario ,
        w:st="on">Canada to

        > > > DelGuidice
        Canadian, our

        > less,
        > > > sign up for your freeaccount today.

      • whiteswan10
        Message 3 of 15 , Aug 1, 2007
          Hi Peter

          According to our family birthdates, Grandpa Luigi was born April 1st
          1851. We could be wrong unless there were 2 Luigi's. My grandfather
          was married to Serfafina Grillo and both of them were born in
          Senerchia.

          In the photo gallery, there is one man who definitely resembles my
          father and his brother Nunzio. I'll have to look at it some more.

          Either way, looks like we are all related, LOL.

          Message 4 of 15 , Aug 1, 2007
            Hi Jo My info does not go this far. I know his father was Luigi Rosario
            Michele and his mother was Porzia Ferraro. regards Peter
            --- In senerchia-italy@yahoogroups.com, "JO ENTICKNAP" <joanne2505@...>

            Message 5 of 15 , Aug 1, 2007
              Hi Rachelle sorry but the info I have on luigi is born 1861 might be an
              error on your records. kind regards Peter

              Message 6 of 15 , Aug 1, 2007
                OK...I will check further... Luigi might be one and the same, who
                knows...

                Who did your Luigi marry?

                wrote:

                > Hi Rachelle sorry but the info I have on luigi is born 1861 might
                be an
                > error on your records. kind regards Peter
                > --- In senerchia-italy@yahoogroups.com, "whiteswan10"
                > <whiteswan10749@> wrote:
                > >
                > > Hi Peter
                > >
                > > According to our family birthdates, Grandpa Luigi was born April
                1st
                > > 1851. We could be wrong unless there were 2 Luigi's. My
                grandfather
                > > was married to Serfafina Grillo and both of them were born in
                > > Senerchia.
                > >
                > > In the photo gallery, there is one man who definitely resembles my
                > > father and his brother Nunzio. I'll have to look at it some more.
                > >
                > > Either way, looks like we are all related, LOL.
                > >
                > > Rachelle
                > >
                > > --- In senerchia-italy@yahoogroups.com, "lizkearny" lizkearny@
                > > wrote:
                > > >
                > > > Hi Rachelle ther were 11children born to Donata and Filomena
                > > > Delgiudice. Concetta Immacolata b1860,Luigi b1861,Michele b1863,
                > > Emiddio
                > > > b1865, Porzia Giovanna b1866, Rosaria b1868, Angel Marie b1868,
                > > Carolina
                > > > b1876, Carmine b1877, Arcangela b1880, Fredrico b1882. I have
                posted
                > > > some pictures in the Franchitto/Delgiudice album. The wedding
                photo
                > > of
                > > > my brother Tony, Fredrico is the second From the right next to
                his
                > > wife
                > > > liz I'm the lanky one at the back. next is Gaetano on the far
                right
                > > is
                > > > my niece Pat Piggott the others are various nephews and
                > > nieces.Does'nt
                > > > your dad look like Fredrico and how much my mother looks like
                > > Millie. I
                > > > did not learn to speak Italian although I was spoken toin
                Italian my
                > > > brothers and sisters did.Hope this helps kind regards Peter-- In
                > > > senerchia-italy@yahoogroups.com, "whiteswan10" <whiteswan10749@>

                > > know
                > > or

                > > his
                > > the
                I'm

                The
                > > she

                > > lizkearny@

                > > with my
                > > she
                > > being

                > > Canadian, our

              • John Mazzone
                Message 7 of 15 , Aug 2, 2007
                  Hi Pete, welcome.
                  I'm John Mazzone I was born in Twickenham and raised in Isleworth. I'm the eldest of 4 boys and we all attended St Mary's RC school, which practically made us neighbours at one time. I now live in New Zealand, I've been here 15 years.
                  I have several ( 9 ) Del Giudice/Mazzone marriages in my family tree, a lot have ended up in the USA.
                  Have you come across any Mazzone's linked to your family, apart from Teresa?
                  Keep in touch.
                  Regards John.

                  Message 8 of 15 , Aug 6, 2007
                    Hi John we do have connections with the Mazzone family, I don't know if
                    it's your family.

                    Alphonso(Ithink that was his name)was married Sindonia, I think she
                    might have been related to my granny Angela Marie Franchitto nee
                    DelGiudice. Alphonso and Sindonia had 8 children their names being (and
                    I am streching my memory here) Miguel, Nicko, Rocco,Orlando, Lucia,
                    Maria, Rosa, Titina. They lived in St John Street near the angel
                    Islington. We used to visit them usually about the time of the feast of
                    Our Lady of Mount Carmel, we attended the Italian religious procession
                    at St Peters Italian Church Clerkenwell London. Lucia and Miguel were my
                    God parents. I am afraid that is all I can tell you,it would be nice if
                    it was the same Mazzone family. Incidentally I was in Isleworth a couple
                    of weeks ago, we had lunch in the London Apprentice pub. My wifes uncle
                    owned the ferry his name was Con Dargon, I Don't know if you would have
                    known him. Regards Peter
                    --- In senerchia-italy@yahoogroups.com, "John Mazzone" <jmazzone@...>

                    Message 9 of 15 , Aug 7, 2007
                      Hi Peter
                      I have one Alfonzo Mazzone b 15th May 1872 in Senerchia, married,  Antonia Trimarco on the 30th Oct 1892 in Senerchia. They immigrated to England about 1893/4 and had 4 children all born in England, Sabato 1895, Columba 1897, Lucia 1899, and Nicola 1901.
                      None of the names you mentioned ring a bell, I'm afraid.
                      My Gt Grandfather came to London in 1885, went back to Italy sometime after 1891,  and returned to England  after 1902 with 2 more children and a daughter-in-law, his eldest son Vincenzo had married Maria Teresa Marino on 1st Mar 1902 in Senerchia, They all settled in Gt Clacton Essex where my Grandfather Vito married a local girl, they had 5 son's, number 3 being my Father who had 4 son's, the eldest being myself.

                      I know the London Apprentice very well, a famous pub with a lot of history, some say it was Julius Caesar's local, but I don't think it is that old.
                      No I don't know Con Dargon, I didn't spend much time in Isleworth after I left school, but maybe my brothers do, I shall ask them.

                      Nice to speak with you.
                      Regards
                      John