Re: [senerchia-italy] tracing italian ancestors:new member.

  • D K
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 1, 2007
      John, I do see a death record in our index files for Giuseppe Piemonte. (Please read message #678 for info about these files and posted data.) You should also search this group for "Piemonte" and "Rosaria Onesto" for more family links.
      Donna K

      Giuseppe Piemonte d. Feb 13, 1882. Born about 1829 to Angelo and Carolina Capodanno. Husband of Filomena Marino. I do not see and death index entries for either his parents or spouse.

      Based on the names you provided, I find these index file entries. Full data is not available for records that are not yet extracted. If you have more data on any of these folks I would appreciate you passing it on to us.

      From the birth index:
      Carolina b. 1870
      Ferdinando Antonino Vincenzo b. 1867
      Giovanni Antonio b. 1875
      Vincenzo Vito Antonio b. June 21, 1872. Son of Giuseppe (b. in Campagna) and Filomena Marino

      From the marriage index:
      Ferdinando m. Arcangela Cozzi in 1888 in Holborn, recorded in Senerchia in 1890.
      Vincenzo m. Teresa Cozzi (b. May 4, 1873 to Nicola and Rosaria Onesto) Sep 8, 1890 in Holborn, recorded in Senerchia in 1891.
      Carolina m. Michele Del Giudice, recorded in Senerchia in 1891.

      From the death index:
      Grazia b. 1877 and d. in 1877 (I include her here only because she fits in the birth range of the other children. She may not be related to this family.)

      john smith <smithjohn.1000@...> wrote:
      Hi Donna,

      Thank you for the information about the Delguidice (Delgiudic) family. This confirms their arrival manifest intent to settle in Chicago. I also have not been able to find them in any later census. The family name with many variations is not easy to find.

      Could you possibly shed any light on the marriage of Filomena Piemonte (nee Marino) to Guiseppe Piemonte in Senerchia around 1857 ;they are my Great Grandparents.

      I really appreciate your help.

      John

      D K <dmkitaly@yahoo. com> wrote:
      John, I found them in the 1910 Illinois census.
      If you have access to ancestry US collections, look for "Michael Delgiudic". If you don't have access I will transcribe the data for you. I didn't find anything after that, but I'll look again.
      Donna K

      "smithjohn.1000" <smithjohn.1000@ yahoo.com> wrote:
      Hi everyone.

      I have just joined your group. Thanks for the opportunity.

      Please may I ask for some information about the Del Guidice family.

      Carolina Piemonte and her brothers (Ferdinando, Giovanni and Vincezo)
      came to England from Senerchia about 1889. Carolina married Michele Del
      Guidice in 1890. They lived in Holborn in London, England for several
      years. By the 1901 census they had moved to Cambridge, England.

      In 1907 the Del Guidice family with their 7 children emigrated to
      Chicago, USA via Montreal, Canada.

      I have been unable to track them thereafter. If anyone has any
      information about this family in the USA, I would be very grateful.

      Regards,
      John Smith (England)

      Got a little couch potato?

      always stay connected to friends.

    • john smith
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 5, 2007
        Donna
        The references you gave me were most useful. From them I have learned much more about the Piemonte family. I'm particularly pleased to hear about Giuseppe and can now go back another generation to Angelo and Carolina Capodano. You asked for any data I have. Although you may already have more than my sketchy information - here goes!

        Michele (Michael) & Carolina (nee Piemonte) Del Guidice + family emigrated from UK to USA in 1907.
        Ferdinando & Arcangela (nee Cozzi) Piemonte + family emigrated from UK to USA in 1908.
        Vincenzo & Teresa (nee Cozzi) + family emigrated from UK to USA in 1914 - taking with them Filomena Piemonte (his mother).  I know that there were more of Filomena's children in Chicago at that time.   To my knowledge my direct ancestor Giovanni was the only one left then in UK.
        Filomena Piemonte d. Chicago 1918
        Vincenzo Piemonte d. Chicago 1950
        Teresa Piemonte d. Chicago 1950
        Carolina Finella (nee Cozzi & sister of Teresa Piemonte) d. in UK 1955.  She was the widow of Antonio Finella (believed they married in Senerchia)
        Giovanni Piemonte stayed in UK.   Married Sarah Freeman in Holborn, London 1901. He died 1927 in Holborn, London - their children were:
        Margaret Ortalli (nee Piemonte) 1901 - 1967
        Rosina Maud Maher (nee Piemonte) 1903 - 1995.  My direct ancestor.
        William F.G. Piemonte 1906 - 1950
        George Giuseppe F. Piemonte 1908 - 1989
        Ferdinand Piemonte 1913 - d. not known

        Thank you once again Donna for all your help.

        John
        D K <dmkitaly@...> wrote:
        John, I do see a death record in our index files for Giuseppe Piemonte. (Please read message #678 for info about these files and posted data.) You should also search this group for "Piemonte" and "Rosaria Onesto" for more family links.
        Donna K

        Giuseppe Piemonte d. Feb 13, 1882. Born about 1829 to Angelo and Carolina Capodanno. Husband of Filomena Marino. I do not see and death index entries for either his parents or spouse.

        Based on the names you provided, I find these index file entries. Full data is not available for records that are not yet extracted. If you have more data on any of these folks I would appreciate you passing it on to us.

        From the birth index:
        Carolina b. 1870
        Ferdinando Antonino Vincenzo b. 1867
        Giovanni Antonio b. 1875
        Vincenzo Vito Antonio b. June 21, 1872. Son of Giuseppe (b. in Campagna) and Filomena Marino

        From the marriage index:
        Ferdinando m. Arcangela Cozzi in 1888 in Holborn, recorded in Senerchia in 1890.
        Vincenzo m. Teresa Cozzi (b. May 4, 1873 to Nicola and Rosaria Onesto) Sep 8, 1890 in Holborn, recorded in Senerchia in 1891.
        Carolina m. Michele Del Giudice, recorded in Senerchia in 1891.

        From the death index:

          Message 4 of 8 , Aug 3, 2011
            Hello there,

            As I am just starting my family tree I would like to add the following to this link, and find out more about my grandmother Carolina (nee Cozzi) and grandfather Antonio Finella. In particular like to follow the link of my Grandfathers brother Raffaele Finella whom I belive may still be in Italy.

            I am the direct grandaughter of Antonio Finella and Carolina (nee Cozzi) and live in the UK. Would like to find missing relatives around the world. I will post the info i have below.

            The place they lived was

            COMUNE DI SENERCHIA
            PROVINCIA DI AVELLINO

            My grandfather was ANTONIO FINELLA - born 1866 in that area in Italy - died August 1937 (12th maybe) in London

            My grandmother was CAROLINA COZZI (before marraige) born 1870 in the same area in Italy and died age 85 on 14th February 1955 in London

            They were married 19 dell'anno 1889 at the Comune di Senerchia

            These Grandparents had 13 children but some died at birth or soon afterwards.

            It seems that my grandparents married in Italy and had at least 2 of their children in Italy before coming to the UK and living in the Italian quarter in Little Saffron near Leather Lane Market in Clerkenwell.

            The elder FINELLA'S I remember were Carmela or Carmello Finella (or Cammie to us) I think who was born in Italy before moving to the UK. Cant find the year.

            Then Angelo Finella (a famous bandleader of Angelo Mexanos accordian band)

            Eda Margherita born 17.01.07 in Holborn London died 25.08.1990

            Then is seems that my Dads elder brother Guilio (or Julio as we knew him) had a twin who was named Luigi.
            They were born on 8th May 1910 but Luigi then died. Julio died in London City on 1st April 1987.

            Then when my dad was born they named him Luigi too.
            My father LUIGI EDOUARDO FINELLA was the last of the 13 children and was born 15th March 1915 and died in 22nd July 1994 - registered at St pancras London 39106

            I would apprecaite any help to untie this family tree.

            Many thanks

            Pam Ainsley