Looks like I have a lot of homework to do....

  • Michael Cozzi
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 2, 2007
      Hi Everyone,

      I'm Michael Abraham Cozzi, son of Abraham Cozzi, grandson to Michele
      Angelo Cozzi.

      I'll try to go through what's already posted and see where I fit,
      but here's what I know.

      Jason Cozzi (England) is most probably a direct cousin of mine since
      our family has an English connection, and my grandfather spoke perfect
      English with a British accent. My grandmother, Maria, spoke no English
      (And may have been from Monte Falcone in the north).

      I have heard the name Theresa Cozzi many times from my Aunts when
      they recount family history. Additionally, if memory serves, my
      grandfather Michele had a brother or cousin named Frederick.

      Our family settled into the Taylor St. area of Chicago shortly after
      arrival around 1910. Right off of Taylor and May, north of Taylor by two
      doors or so (Next door to a gas station in the 50's and 60's). My
      Father, Abraham, is one of seven children and the only boy. His sisters
      are Della, Virginia, Fradie, Claudia, Esther, and Minnie.

      My Father, Abraham, is still alive as are my aunts Virginia and Esther.

      I have access to be an extensive family photo album which includes
      black and white photographs of the Cozzi's living in Senerchia circa
      1952. These were taken by my father while in the US Army while on tour
      in Germany.

      Our family records where *extensive* regarding England, and some
      family splits/politics/business. Sadly, when my aunt Claudia slipped
      into Alzheimer's disease those records were lost in the shuffle and may
      not be recoverable. Though I am still trying to get access to them.

      I'm planning a trip to Senerchia this year with my mother and wife
      and have grown more interested in my heritage as middle age sets in.

      Best Regards,

      --
      Michael Cozzi
      Senior Consultant
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 2, 2007
        Hi Michael,

        Which Michele Angelo Cozzi and Theresa Cozzi do you speak of?
        I have a Michele Angelo Cozzi born around 1820 who married Caterina
        Raimondo. One of their daughters was Theresa Cozzi born May 16, 1854
        who married Nicola Sciaraffa.

        Pete

        --- In senerchia-italy@yahoogroups.com, Michael Cozzi <cozzi@...>

      • dawells2@aol.com
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 2, 2007
          In a message dated 4/2/2007 4:49:44 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time, cozzi@... writes:
          I have heard the name Theresa Cozzi many times from my Aunts when
          they recount family history. Additionally, if memory serves, my
          grandfather Michele had a brother or cousin named Frederick.
          ------------
          That Frederick was most likely Federico Cozzi.  Some of his family may be on this list.

          Denise

          See what's free at AOL.com.
        • Michael Cozzi
          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 2, 2007
            dawells2@... wrote:
            > In a message dated 4/2/2007 4:49:44 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
            > cozzi@... writes:
            >
            > I have heard the name Theresa Cozzi many times from my Aunts when
            > they recount family history. Additionally, if memory serves, my
            > grandfather Michele had a brother or cousin named Frederick.
            >
            > ------------
            > That Frederick was most likely Federico Cozzi. Some of his family may
            > be on this list.

            Hi Denise, you may be right. I have pinned down a few of my errors
            already through searching and talking to family. Here's what the tree
            looks like now (as of 9:00am):

            My grandmother's maiden name was Federici married to Angelo Michael
            (apparently Michele??)
            Cozzi. My great-grandfather's name was Fredrick Cozzi. My
            great-grandmother's
            name was Rosaria Funzi.

            My Grandfather apparently came through Ellis Island in 1911, these
            records I've seen through the Ellis Island site.

            Michael
          • dawells2@aol.com
            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 2, 2007
              Federico Cozzi died in England back a few years ago.  He has a son named Peter Cozzi.  Not sure where he lives in the UK at the moment, but he and I had corresponded in the past.  He has a cousin John who lives in Australia, I believe, who is on this list.  He may be a Mazzone however.  I'm at work and have no records and my brain is fading.

              However, Peter Cozzi's grandfather was Federico Cozzi, who went to the UK when he was about 16 years old, if I remember correctly.  Peter's email used to be:  pet@...   You may want to write to him and see if this email address is still good for him.  He was always very nice.  Give him a shout and tell him that Denise Wells gave you his email address.  You may want to invite him to join this list.  I don't think he is on it, and he may not know about this list.

              Denise
              List Owner

              See what's free at AOL.com.
            • Michael Cozzi
              Message 6 of 7 , Apr 2, 2007
                dawells2@... wrote:
                > Federico Cozzi died in England back a few years ago. He has a son
                > named Peter Cozzi. Not sure where he lives in the UK at the moment,
                > but he and I had corresponded in the past. He has a cousin John who
                > lives in Australia, I believe, who is on this list. He may be a
                > Mazzone however. I'm at work and have no records and my brain is
                > fading.
                >
                > However, Peter Cozzi's grandfather was Federico Cozzi, who went to the
                > UK when he was about 16 years old, if I remember correctly. Peter's
                > email used to be: pet@... <mailto:pet@...>
                > You may want to write to him and see if this email address is still
                > good for him. He was always very nice. Give him a shout and tell him
                > that Denise Wells gave you his email address. You may want to invite
                > him to join this list. I don't think he is on it, and he may not know
                > about this list.

                Hi Denise,

                Apparently that address is no longer in service.

                Thanks for the pointer though. Still sifting.

                Michael Cozzi
              • dawells2@aol.com
                Message 7 of 7 , Apr 2, 2007
                  If you are in the UK, you should do a telephone book search for Peter Cozzi.  That's my suggestion.

                  Denise

                  See what's free at AOL.com.