Garippo family

  • tomeromano
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 13, 2006
      Please send any information on Micheal Garippo who left Senerchia to
      go to england and then to Chicago. Any info on any of the Garippo
      family is welcom.

      Are there any Garippo;s left in Senerchia or near-by

      Tomasine Garippo Romano

      Skokie, Illinois
    • Tracy Smith
      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 14, 2006
        Tomasine

        There were Garippos in London who may or may not have been related to
        Michael - my Grandmother's father was called Charles Lewis (anglicised
        versions of the Italian names presumably) who went on to become known as
        Luigi.

        He had married a Rose Morse and they appear to have had 4 children: Rosina b
        1904, Thomas, b 1905, Daisy b 1907 (my grandmother) and Luigi b 1911.

        Other Garippo's in London that I've found so far:
        Alexandro died 06/1892
        Luigi born 06/1904
        Brigida Margherita b 09/1902
        Armelinda Luigia b 06/1900
        Armilio b 09/1898
        Silvio b 09/1896
        Olympio b 09/1894
        Antonetta b 12/1892
        Julia Marianna b 03/1890

        All in Holborn, London. And then there's a Louis b1883 in Fulham, London
        and a Nicola b 1857 who married Louisa Bates and who died 27/06/1885. And
        Eugenio, born 1882 on 27 March in Senerchia. And an Arcangelo b1892.

        I'm trying to find the time to research Daisy's father to see where my
        particular Garippo connection comes from. I wish you luck with your own
        Garippo search. Tracy

        http://www.msn.co.uk/newsletters
      • dawells2@aol.com
        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 14, 2006
          I have information on Garippo from London.  But, it's in my computer that crashed.  I'm sure I have hard copies somewhere at home but don't have them handy.  I believe much of that came from an Emil Garippo, who wrote me back when I lived in Indianapolis, so prior to September 2001.

          Denise Wells, Vice President
          What's Missing, Inc.
          www.whatsmissinginc.com
          (561) 789-5118
        • Maria Hudson
          Message 4 of 8 , Dec 16, 2006
            >From: "tomeromano" <tomeromano@...>
            >To: senerchia-italy@yahoogroups.com
            >Subject: [senerchia-italy] Garippo family
            >Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2006 21:48:14 -0000
            >
            >Please send any information on Micheal Garippo who left Senerchia to
            >go to england and then to Chicago. Any info on any of the Garippo
            >family is welcom.
            >
            >Are there any Garippo;s left in Senerchia or near-by
            >
            >Tomasine Garippo Romano
            >
            >Skokie, Illinois

            The only Garippo I have knowledge of is Caterina Garippo who married my
            grandfather.s brother
            Rosario Severino. They lived in Luton Bedfordshire UK & Had a son Carmine
            who was born in
            Luton DEc 1900,. & a daughter Avellia born Apr.1906 in Uk. THey also had
            other children. I
            beleive they emigrated to Chicago USA sometime after 1914. I am not sure of
            the date.
            Maria

            It's Hotmail's 10th Birthday! Come and play Pass the Parcel
            http://www.msnpasstheparcel.com
          • dawells2@aol.com
            Message 5 of 8 , Dec 16, 2006
              Off the top of my head, the Garippo and his wife lived in London where all of his children were born, except the last one, who was born in Chicago, right after they arrived.  I believe they traveled to Canada because it was cheaper and then, probably by train to Chicago.  I believe the last child born in Chicago was Joseph Garippo and I think it was in 1906(?).

              Denise
            • dawells2@aol.com
              Message 6 of 8 , Dec 16, 2006
                In a message dated 12/16/2006 10:59:57 A.M. Eastern Standard Time, dawells2@... writes:

                Off the top of my head, the Garippo and his wife lived in London where all of his children were born, except the last one, who was born in Chicago, right after they arrived.  I believe they traveled to Canada because it was cheaper and then, probably by train to Chicago.  I believe the last child born in Chicago was Joseph Garippo and I think it was in 1906(?).
                -----------
                Ah....  I'm remembering now,  that was Angelo Maria Garippo, and he was a brother to Michele, who was already in Chicago.  Duh.... I knew my brain would eventually kick in.

                Denise
              • D K
                Message 7 of 8 , Dec 16, 2006
                  Maria, do you have any dates available? If you do, I'll add them to my index files.
                  Here's what I'm looking for:
                  Birth date and parents for Rosario Severino (1871)
                  Marriage date for Rosario and Caterina (it would be late Jan or early Feb in 1891)
                  Donna K

                  Maria Hudson <miahudson43@...> wrote:

                  >From: "tomeromano" <tomeromano@yahoo. com>
                  >To: senerchia-italy@ yahoogroups. com
                  >Subject: [senerchia-italy] Garippo family
                  >Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2006 21:48:14 -0000
                  >
                  >Please send any information on Micheal Garippo who left Senerchia to
                  >go to england and then to Chicago. Any info on any of the Garippo
                  >family is welcom.
                  >
                  >Are there any Garippo;s left in Senerchia or near-by
                  >
                  >Tomasine Garippo Romano
                  >
                  >Skokie, Illinois

                  The only Garippo I have knowledge of is Caterina Garippo who married my
                  grandfather. s brother
                  Rosario Severino. They lived in Luton Bedfordshire UK & Had a son Carmine
                  who was born in
                  Luton DEc 1900,. & a daughter Avellia born Apr.1906 in Uk. THey also had
                  other children. I
                  beleive they emigrated to Chicago USA sometime after 1914. I am not sure of
                  the date.
                  Maria

                  It's Hotmail's 10th Birthday! Come and play Pass the Parcel
                  http://www.msnpasst heparcel. com

                  http://mail.yahoo.com

                • Maria Hudson
                  Message 8 of 8 , Dec 17, 2006
                    Hi Donna K
                    Rosario was born abt 1875 & married Caterina Garippo in 1891 in Senerchia I
                    do not know which
                    month. Rosario Parents were Felice Severino & Anna Gasparro, they were
                    married on 7th FEb.1874.
                    in SEnerchia.
                    Rosario & Caterina children were Carmine b.Dec 1900. Anna B.1902, Amelia B
                    1904. Avelia b.1906
                    & Harry b.1909. All born in Luton Bedfordshire UK.
                    I beleive they emigrated to Chicago but cannot find any record of Rosario.
                    The only one I have is Carmine in the 1930 USA census & death June 1978 in
                    Cook Chicago.
                    Hope this helps
                    Maria

                    >From: D K <dmkitaly@...>
                    >To: senerchia-italy@yahoogroups.com
                    >Subject: RE: [senerchia-italy] Garippo family
                    >Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2006 10:07:19 -0800 (PST)
                    >
                    >Maria, do you have any dates available? If you do, I'll add them to my
                    >index files.
                    > Here's what I'm looking for:
                    > Birth date and parents for Rosario Severino (1871)
                    > Marriage date for Rosario and Caterina (it would be late Jan or early
                    >Feb in 1891)
                    > Donna K
                    >

                    >Maria Hudson <miahudson43@...> wrote:
                    >

                    > >From: "tomeromano" <tomeromano@...>
                    > >To: senerchia-italy@yahoogroups.com
                    > >Subject: [senerchia-italy] Garippo family
                    > >Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2006 21:48:14 -0000
                    > >
                    > >Please send any information on Micheal Garippo who left Senerchia to
                    > >go to england and then to Chicago. Any info on any of the Garippo
                    > >family is welcom.
                    > >
                    > >Are there any Garippo;s left in Senerchia or near-by
                    > >
                    > >Tomasine Garippo Romano
                    > >
                    > >Skokie, Illinois
                    > >

                    >The only Garippo I have knowledge of is Caterina Garippo who married my
                    >grandfather.s brother
                    >Rosario Severino. They lived in Luton Bedfordshire UK & Had a son Carmine
                    >who was born in
                    >Luton DEc 1900,. & a daughter Avellia born Apr.1906 in Uk. THey also had
                    >other children. I
                    >beleive they emigrated to Chicago USA sometime after 1914. I am not sure of
                    >the date.
                    >Maria

                    >It's Hotmail's 10th Birthday! Come and play Pass the Parcel
                    >http://www.msnpasstheparcel.com

                    >http://mail.yahoo.com

                    Think you're a film buff? Play the Movie Mogul quiz and win fantastic
                    prizes! http://www.msnmoviemogul.com