3768Re: [senerchia-italy] DiVito and Magrino

  • Joe B
    Dec 28, 2013
      Hi Denise
      That would be awesome. I just would need to know how to get to it. Lol. I only read the emails but never went to the yahoo site

      Thanks,

      Joe

      Sent from my iPhone

      On Dec 27, 2013, at 10:57 AM, D K <dmkitaly@...> wrote:

      Joe, I can post your line in the files section if you like.
      I'll add an index to the end of the report so other members can check if their line crosses yours.
      Your DiVito/DeVita line has never been posted and the Magrino line was posted in 2008.
      I've already added some updates to DiVito and will get to work on Magrino and post that soon.
      DiVito and DeVita were sometimes changed up in the records we read so you'll see both names.

      Donna

      Subject: Re: [senerchia-italy] Arcangelo Papa married Maria Giuseppa Papa
      To: "senerchia-italy@yahoogroups.com" <senerchia-italy@yahoogroups.com>
      Date: Saturday, December 7, 2013, 3:27 PM

      Hi DeniseI am curious, where is the
      spreadsheet you are talking about?  Is it you inly have
      access to or its public. My grandmother Caroline (De Vito)
      Boni was De Vito and her mothers maiden name was Magrino. My
      great grandparents were Michael and Lucia De Vito.
      I was told my grandmother was born in Italy but then moved
      to London to stay with the Magrino side of the family for a
      few years. Meanwhile, my great grandfather sailed to
      America, work in Chicago and eventually  bought land to
      build a three flat in Melrose Park, IL. That land was
      purchased from the church and was the original site of Our
      Lady of Mt Carmel church. Once established, Michael sent for
      his wife Lucia and three kids (one of which was my
      grandmother). However there is quite a bit more family out
      there from what i  told. Especially on the Magrino
      side. I was close to my cousin Vincent who has past and
      lived in London. There are more Magrinos in England,
      Scotland and France. Any help would be appreciated.
      Thanks,
      Joe
      Sent from my iPhone
      On Dec 7, 2013, at 11:20 AM, "senerchiadenise"
      <dawells2@...>
      wrote:

      Well, this is interesting. My great grandfather
      (Federico Papa), his brother Arcangelo Papa, married their
      other brother (Raffaele Papa's) daughter! So Arcangelo
      Papa married his niece, who was 22 years younger than he
      was, and they had 5 children together.

      Amazing what you see in these charts. I knew a lot of
      information about my grandfather and great grandfather's
      immediate family in Chicago because of my research. What I
      didn't realize was how many of his immediate family also
      were in Chicago with him at the same time.

      Federico's 2 sisters stayed in Senerchia, one brother
      died in Cava de'Tirreni, Salerno, one brother went to
      France, and two of his brothers were in Chicago with him.
      That I did not know. Interesting to see now.