3761Re: [senerchia-italy] Arcangelo Papa married Maria Giuseppa Papa

  • Peter Sheerin
    Dec 7, 2013
      Hi Joe,

      My grandmother was Anna Magrino born in Manhattan to Vito Magrino and Letizia Sciaraffa. There are not many Magrino's from Senerchia so the probably is a connection.

      On Dec 7, 2013, at 3:27 PM, Joe B <jboni86@...> wrote:

      Hi Denise
      I am curious, where is the spreadsheet you are talking about?  Is it you inly have access to or its public. My grandmother Caroline (De Vito) Boni was De Vito and her mothers maiden name was Magrino. My great grandparents were Michael and Lucia De Vito.
      I was told my grandmother was born in Italy but then moved to London to stay with the Magrino side of the family for a few years. Meanwhile, my great grandfather sailed to America, work in Chicago and eventually  bought land to build a three flat in Melrose Park, IL. That land was purchased from the church and was the original site of Our Lady of Mt Carmel church. Once established, Michael sent for his wife Lucia and three kids (one of which was my grandmother). However there is quite a bit more family out there from what i  told. Especially on the Magrino side. I was close to my cousin Vincent who has past and lived in London. There are more Magrinos in England, Scotla nd and France. Any help would be appreciated.

      Sent from my iPhone

      On Dec 7, 2013, at 11:20 AM, "senerchiadenise" <dawells2@...> wrote:

      Well, this is interesting. My great grandfather (Federico Papa), his brother Arcangelo Papa, married their other brother (Raffaele Papa's) daughter! So Arcangelo Papa married his niece, who was 22 years younger than he was, and they had 5 children together.

      Amazing what you see in these charts. I knew a lot of information about my grandfather and great grandfather's immediate family in Chicago because of my research. What I didn't realize was how many of his immediate family also were in Chicago with him at the same time.

      Federico's 2 sisters stayed in Senerchia, one brother died in Cava de'Tirreni, Salerno, one brother went to France, and two of his brothers were in Chicago with him. That I did not know. Interesting to see now.

    • Show all 17 messages in this topic