3716Re: Descendant of Felice Cuozzo & Rosalina

  • italianstanger@sbcglobal.net
    Sep 4, 2013
      OK, I've confirmed this morning that the information I have is correct, and all that the Commune of Senerchia has.

      On page 2 of 238 it should be Vito Cozzi (NOT Cuozzo) married Concetta Cozzi. Unless we have some other hard evidence that it's Cuozzo. That's why I was inquiring earlier where the data came from. I might write to Senerchia and ask about Vito out of curiosity.

      Vincenzo Cozzi's birth date is correct.

      On page 11 of 238 Vincenzo Cozzi married Filomena Sessa first, and his second wife was Pasqualina. Filomena was 21 years old when married on April 26, 1877 with Vincenzo.

      We have a slight issue with Pasqualina's last name as I've confirmed it is correct that she was not born in Senerchia. Your data shows birth in Calabritto as Pasqualina DiVito.

      In Senerchia they show Pasqualina Vita as the wife on Vincenzo's death certificate and then they show Pasqualina DeVita on Giuseppe Cozzi's (their son) birth certificate. Could be a dialect or recording error, but in the future I'll contact Calabritto to find confirmation.

      On page 70 of 238 the child of Giuseppe Cozzi and Maria Giuseppa Onesto was Emidio Cozzi, not Emilio. Here in America he was referenced as Emilio/Emil but was born Emidio.

      I guess we'll all be back in touch!

      --- In senerchia-italy@yahoogroups.com, Denise Wells <dawells2@...> wrote:

      > All records have been compiled by our two Donnas. One Donna has not been responding to emails for several years now; however, Donna K is still with us. She would be the person who will be able to give you more information.
      >
      > DONNA: can you fill him in?
      >
      > Denise
      >

      > On Sep 4, 2013, at 12:38 AM, "italianstanger@..." <italianstanger@...> wrote:
      >
      > > Denise,
      > > Regarding this file, where was the info eztracted from??
      > > Check page 2 of the document.
      > > I'm confirming with Senerchia but with the marriage, birth and death certificates I have from Senerchia for Vincenzo Cozzi show his father to be Vito Cozzi and not Cuozzo.
      > > I'll update you this week, but curious where this older data was even obtained from.
      > > Thank you. Chat soon.
      > > Anthony

    • Show all 11 messages in this topic