Newbie - My surnames

  • SproutingFamTree@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 8, 2005
      NORWOOD, SMITH, CUSHION, JOHNSON, Even though they were born in FL (per -
      1900 census) my CUSHIONs can not be found on a census in Fl before 1900. Or
      on any other U.S. census, leaving me to believe that the surname had been
      changed or that they were not in touch with society before 1900. Can't find
      them as CUSHINGs nor McCutcheons. They are a complete mystery.
      I also research the following surnames:
      CHANDLER, PEEBLES, FINDLEY, BUXTON, ATCHLEY, DEAN, PARKER, HUNT, POWELL,
      DUBOSE, DAMPIER, WARREN.
      Thank you.

    • Fred Dahnke
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 9, 2005
        Curious about the Johnson name. My mother was adopted but her birth name
        was Carmen Winona Johnson. Her father was William and her mother "E.E." per
        the adoption papers. Unfortunately when adoptions are involved in FL even
        the original birth certificates are destroyed. She was born in 1906 and is
        purported to be Seminole.

        Fred

        NORWOOD, SMITH, CUSHION, JOHNSON, Even though they were born in FL (per
        -
        1900 census) my CUSHIONs can not be found on a census in Fl before 1900. Or
        on any other U.S. census, leaving me to believe that the surname had been
        changed or that they were not in touch with society before 1900. Can't
        find
        them as CUSHINGs nor McCutcheons. They are a complete mystery.
        I also research the following surnames:
        CHANDLER, PEEBLES, FINDLEY, BUXTON, ATCHLEY, DEAN, PARKER, HUNT, POWELL,
        DUBOSE, DAMPIER, WARREN.
        Thank you.

        a look at donorschoose.org, an excellent charitable web site for anyone who
        cares about public education!
        http://us.click.yahoo.com/o5B0yD/8WnJAA/a8ILAA/7PcplB/TM
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 15, 2005
          Sorry I can not help with this one. I'm interested in the name - Lasley.
          Seen any info?