Powell - Osceola

  • svanhoo1 <svanhoo1@purdue.edu>
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 16, 2003
      I am new to this forum and I am trying to find information on some
      Powells from GA. My great grandfather is Candy Dan Powell, who was
      born in Moultrie Colquitt Georgia around 1892. His father was
      Christopher Columbus Powell(19 Feb 1861 - 25 Sep 1942) and his mother
      was Christine Aultman (Dec 1869 - 30 Sep 1934). Candy Dan Powell was
      married to Mae Bell Booth and had a daugher named Cecil Mae Powell
      (my grandmother). Mae Bell died in a fire and Candy Dan later married
      Ellie V Day in 1923 and they had several children. Candy Dan died in
      1938 (age 46) in Bainbridge Decatur County GA. These Powells have
      lived in many different places, including Plant City, Florida,
      Cocoa, Seminole County, GA, as well as several other areas in GA. I
      have been told that my grandmother, Cecil Powell was full Seminole
      Indian and that we are related to Osceola, but I haven't been able to
      trace the Powells to any Indian bloodlines. Does any one on this
      list have additional information for this line of Powells or Booths?

      Thanks,
      Shannon